Epilogue

Years had passed since me and Gaara got married. The 4th Shinobi war had finally finished. Many people mourn for their love ones and too many youths die early. I felt so bad for that, but this is not the end.

Let us keep forward and treasure their memories...

Y/N

"Gaara!" I yelled, "Here's your lunch, and don't forget to eat it!"

"Of course, I'll eat this, especially when you made this for me." he smiled.

"Have a nice day, Gaara."

"Take care, love," he kissed my cheek. "I'll be back before dinner, okay?"

"I'll wait for you," I waved my hands. "Bye!"

"Bye!" I watch him leave.

What a nice day...

"I wonder what Mom, Dad, and others are doing right now..." I sighed.

"Maybe I can walk around the village since I am already finished with the chores."

I quickly do my daily routines like bathing. I quickly brushed my hair and leave the house.

"It's nice to walk around again." I murmured.

"Y/N!"

I looked around to see who called my name.

"Hey, Kankuro, what's up?" I smiled.

"I am fine, Y/N," he said. "Where are you going?"

"Walk around, I guess,"

"Can I join?"

"Sure."

We walk around the village and a conversation made their way to my ears.

"Hey, how are you after birth?" a villager asked.

"I'm fine, but it hurts carrying a child for 9 months and deliver them. It gives me a lot of burden," a mother replied.

"It's hard at first, but when you see your child's face, pain will fade."

"You're right."

I sighed.

"Y/N, is there something wrong?" Kankuro asked.

"Nothing... it's just..." I frowned.

I saw Kankuro looked at the villagers from the corner of my eyes.

"It's because you still don't have a child, right?" he asked.

"Well... maybe." I smiled weakly.

"Y/N, maybe this isn't the right time for both of you to have a child, maybe you two are so busy that you two can't find a time to make one." he comforted me.

"You are right, but I want to make Gaara happy." I frowned.

"Gaara is happy with you, Y/N. Having a family doesn't mean having children, you know." he looked at me.

"What do you mean?" I asked him.

"Having family is where life begins and love never ends." he replied.

I nodded at him.

"Kankuro, thank you for that." I smiled.

"Just wait, Y/N. There's time for that," Kankuro tapped my shoulder. "Don't lose hope."