MITM~14

Chapter 14

I knew it; I knew I should have stuck with my plan to not get into relationships. To just have fun until I get out of college, I don’t care if that sounds sluttish, but relationships are distractions. For one second I thought it would be ok a little summer fling, but the guy I wanted and guy I may have considered are assholes. I mean the former almost hit me, if I had been a quarter of a second slower in dodging I would have a bruised face. I have high self-worth, I refuse to become a broken and batter person who makes excuses for and forgive the person who beats me. So here I am barreling down the street remembering the way Dylan drove to get us here, and then when I was at a familiar place I headed towards Wal-Mart.

I swerved into the lot and parked in two spaced, got out and locked the car. I walked in the door and headed straight for customer services.

“Mack,” I said as soon as I saw his hulking figure behind the desk, “here,” I said while slapping down the keys to Dylan’s car, “I don’t know what your relationship to Dylan is and I don’t care, but I do know that you will probably see him again, so give him back his car.” I turn and start walking away when I hear him calling me and it sounds like he is coming after me I start to jog. I make it out of the parking lot before he catches me.

“Wait, Jay what did my nephew do,” he said looking in my eyes with this look like he was trying to read my mind.

“I don’t want to talk about it Mack, I just want to go home I’ll see you Monday.” I turned and started walking away but then he grabbed me.

“Hold on, you live on the other side of town, how are you getting home,” he asks.

“Walking,” I say with a slight duh tone.

“It’ll take you all night to get home, let me give you a ride.”

“No offense Mack, but I don’t want to be alone right now.” Again I try to walk away but then I feel the grounds disappear from beneath my feet and a muscular shoulder press into my gut.

“None taken now as your boss I can’t have you walking all the way home alone,” he says as he walks over to and throws me in his car. I look out the window and ignore him as he gets in the car. He starts the engine and when I look over at him I see this look on his face that says he is gonna try and talk to me, so I put my headphones in and blast my music, my motto is “if you can hear my music, I can’t hear you.” I watch as the trees blur past because Mack drives like a half crazy person and in no time we were outside my aunt and uncle’s house. I go to get out but yet again I am stopped by this behemoth.

“Jay you know if you need to talk, you can come to me,” he says sincerely, but I just mumble out a ‘sure’ and run into the house. Again my aunt and uncle aren’t here so I go to my room and blast “Best Thing I Never Had” by Beyoncé  to make me feel better, I lay down and let the music lull me to sleep.

Dylan’s POV

I sat there on the couch in the Alpha’s living room next to Eric while our parents berated us, but I could tell me and Eric were doing the same thing, tuning out the ones yelling at us, and keeping a close eye on the Luna who sat seeming calm o the other side of the room looking at us. I don’t like this she is the scariest person in this pack without shifting into a wolf, and then when she did shift she didn’t walk like other wolves, she stalked towards you like a jaguar stalks food; scared everyone ghost white. I was slightly afraid of my father but, compared to the Luna dad was a pebble thrown at you.

Eric’s POV

I hope my face looks the way I want it to, because my mom sitting over there giving us this blank look I knew this was serious, I wanted to cry.

“Are you even listening to us!!!” our parents yelled and I looked back at my dad.

“Huh,” he then got the frustrated and tired look on his face.

“Honey, do you have anything to say,” my father turned and asked my mother. She stayed sitting seated for a few moments then she got up and slowly walked to stand in front of us, she looked between us before she spoke.

“I just want to know why you two were fighting, and it had better be a good reason or I swear the punishment I give…..oooh there is a good chance you won’t survive,” she says with this sweet smile on her face that makes that urge to cry stronger.

“He was messing with my mate!!” Dylan exploded, everyone looked at me, but before they spoke I countered.

“He nearly hit my mate,” and then everyone looked towards me.

“Who is your mate Eric,” my father asks.

“James,” I say with a confident tone.

“NO HE IS NOT,” Dylan growls in my face, “HE IS MINE AND NO ONE ELSES.”

“HE IS MINE, YOU HAVE NO RIGHT TO SPEAK THOSE WORDS,” I growl back. “YOU NEARLY HIT HIM WHO DOES THAT TO THERE MATE.” 

“I DID NOT ALMOST HIT HIM,” he yelled back.

We were about to fight again when someone knock on the door. Dylan’s mom opened the door and in came his uncle.

“What the hell did you do,” he says as soon as he sees Dylan.

“What are you talking about,” he said confused why he was yelling at him.

“Dylan came to the store to give me the keys to your car, he looked broken and very upset like he was about to cry,” he explained and when he finished I was about to run out the door at the news my mate was about to cry, but my mother stopped me with a look; damn woman.

“Wait, are you saying your mate is a guy, his mate in fact,” my father says.

“No, I'm saying that James is my mate and he is confused.”

“No he is mine,” Dylan says glaring me down.

“Alpha what is this they can’t both have the same mate it’s impossible,” Dylan’s dad says.

“I'm not sure, I have to check something out, in the mean time you two are no to go near this boy am I clear.” We both just nod our heads whatever, but I had no intentions of listening to that command.