Abused Ch. 4

"Hey! That's cheating!" I scream as Travis pushes me onto the ground. He sticks his tongue out at me. I get back up and frantically hit the controller buttons, "Now look who the childish one is."

"It's called being strategic." Travis smirks and shoves me again.

I had unpacked all of my suitcases and put Stephanie in bed for a nap. Sharon was still at work, so I got to spend a little alone time with Travis. We unanimously decided that we should open up the PS3 and play Call of Duty: Black Ops.

"Ha! That's a 178 kill streak. Beat that." I brag.

"Whatever, that's nothing. I can get three times that." Travis rolls his eyes and harshly stares at the tv screen. I smile at the fact that he always looks so intense and serious when he plays video games.

"Die whore! Haha, what is that, the tenth time I've killed you?" I grin.

"I haven't played this game in forever. And that was a lucky shot. It won't happen again." Travis grumbles.

"Aww, you're so cute when I beat you." I tease. Travis incoherently grumbles under his breath.

"Hello!" Travis and I abruptly turn around to see Sharon walking in with groceries, a large smile planted on her face. "I thought I would make a special dinner beca—" She stops when she sees the PS3. Travis and I exchange a glance and quickly pause the game and trot up to Sharon.

"Hi sweetie, how was work? This is Elizabeth." Travis says, gesturing to me.

"Hello Elizabeth, I'm Sharon, Travis' fiancé." She greets me with a warm smile. I can tell that she's examining my bruise. I blush and look away. She then turns to Travis, "Travis, may I have a word with you?"

"Uh, sure babe." Travis follows her into the other room. He turns to give me a scared expression. I return it and mouth 'sorry'. I feel like the kid that just got caught with the cookie jar.

I quietly tip-toe after them and press my ear against the door.

"What the hell is that thing doing in my living room? Travis, you told me you don't play video games anymore."

"I know Sharon, I'm really sorry. Elizabeth really wanted one, and she paid for it with her own money. How could I say no? Look at her, she's been through a lot." I hear Sharon let out a long sigh.

"Fine. But Travis, we have a wedding to plan, and I need your help, so you better not be on that thing 24-7 or I'm throwing it out the window. Okay?"

"Sure thing. Thanks babe." There is a silence and I assume they're kissing. I use this as my opportunity to sneak away from the door. I sprint over to the couch and trip over the one of the PS3 controllers, smashing my knee on the glass coffee table.

"Damn it!" I howl in pain and fall to the floor. I hold my knee and hope that Stephanie didn't hear me curse.

Sharon and Travis burst into the living room.

"Is everything okay? What happened?"

"Way to leave the controller on the floor, Travis." I glare at him.

"Sorry." He guiltily looks at the floor. Sharon sighs, and starts to walk into the kitchen.

"As I was saying before I had to chat with Travis, I thought I would make us a special welcome dinner." Sharon starts to unload the groceries. I slowly stand to peak at what she's taking out. Potatoes and steak.

Travis walks behind Sharon and wraps his arms around her. He kisses her on the cheek. "I love steak."

"I know." She kisses him back. I feel awkward watching this exchange so I walk into the guest bedroom to check on Stephanie.