Abused Ch. 5

I roll over for the hundredth time. I sneak a glance at the clock. 2:40 am. I groan in frustration and try to go back to sleep. I feel so alone. Not sleeping next to someone feels so different. Stephanie is in the bed next to me, but it isn't the same. I need the warmth, the comfort.

I throw the covers off and walk into the kitchen to get a glass of water. I quickly gulp it down and clean it before heading off to sit in the living room. Something knocks me over and I fall to the ground, screaming in panic.

A hand shoots over my mouth. It's only Travis. My hand grabs my chest, trying to slow down my wildly pumping heart. He releases his hand from my mouth.

"Don't...do...that...again." I gasp between breathes. Sneaking up on my two times in one night. Travis was going to give me a heart attack.

Travis smiles sheepishly and helps me up. I collapse onto the couch, exhausted from my restless night of sleep.

"Trouble sleeping?" Travis takes a seat next to me.

"Yeah. It's so weird sleeping in a bed by myself. It will take some getting used to." And the nightmares don't help either, I think to myself. Every time I find myself in a deep sleep, horrible nightmares of John ruin it. There is no escaping him.

"I know just the thing to make you feel better."

"Oh? And what's that?" I roll my eyes, knowing it will be a ludicrous suggestion.

"A little Call of Duty: Black Ops." Travis wags his eyebrows suggestively and grins.

"Okay, but if Sharon wakes up and threatens to kill me, I'm blaming you." I laugh.

"Fair enough." Travis playfully shoves me as he gets up to turn on the game. I shove him back. He turns abruptly, "Oh no, you didn't."

"Oh, but I did." I smirk. Travis picks me up and holds me over his head. I nearly gasp at his strength.

"Put me down!" I whisper furiously so I won't wake the rest of the household.

"As you wish, my lady." Travis winks and drops me onto the couch.

I can't help but utter a shriek of shock as I fall to the couch, landing with a thud. I catch my breath and glare at Travis.

"You are such a jerk." I stand up and punch him in the arm. Big mistake.

Travis pushes me and I push him back. And so begins a shoving war. I run around the glass table into the kitchen, Travis barreling after me. I try to hold back the laughter as we run through the downstairs.

Travis speeds up and grabs me from behind. He throws me on the couch and starts to tickle my stomach. I, unfortunately, am very ticklish.

"Stop it! Travis stop!" I try to throw his hands off me but he's too strong. I can no longer control my giggles and I soon burst with laughter. I grab one hand but he furiously tickles with the other. I'm honestly shocked that my laughter and begging didn't wake up Sharon. She must sleep like a rock.

I try to kick Travis with my feet, and this catches his attention. I use this small moment as my opportunity to remove both of his hands from my stomach and leap from the couch. I knock into Travis and we both fall onto the floor. I lay on his stomach, both of us laughing.

The laughter soon dies down and we both realize the position we're in. Travis coughs awkwardly and I hurriedly get off him, blushing.

"Well, uh, that was fun." I smile, brushing myself off.

"Yeah, and now I know your weakness." Travis pokes my stomach and I flinch at the touch and slap his hand away.

"And I know yours." I wink and run up the stairs.