Abused Ch. 10

Thankfully, the whole mishap with Sharon wore off, although she still isn't too fond of me. Whatever, it's her problem, not mine. Sharon has to work today, so I have the day with Travis and Stephanie. Travis suggested taking her to a movie. I agreed and we headed off to the movies.

I take Stephanie's hand and Travis takes the other. We swing her in the air and she screams and laughs. We enter the movie theatre and walk up to the ticket counter.

"Two adults and one child for the Lion King at 1:45, please." Travis hands the young woman twenty five dollars. She gives us our tickets and we're off to buy snacks.

"What do you want?" Travis looks at me.

"Travis, you've already paid for tickets, I'll handle the snacks." I start to pull out my wallet. Travis stops me.

"It's no big deal, I got this."

"Alright, fine. I'll have a coke icee and..." I put my finger to my mouth. "A piece of pizza." Travis looks at me.

"What?" I ask.

"No popcorn?"

"Well, I'm not a big fan of popcorn..." I look away, embarrassed.

"I am!" Stephanie pipes up. Travis is still staring at me incredulously.

"What do you mean you don't like popcorn?"

"I don't know! I just...don't like it."

Travis smiles and shakes his head. I punch his arm.

"Just buy my icee and pizza!" I roll my eyes. "And get Stephanie one of the kid combos."

After Travis pays for our food we walk to our theatre and pick seats at the very top row. Stephanie sits between Travis and me. The opening scene starts and I am immediately reminded of the days of my childhood. I smile to myself.

Travis loudly starts opening his candy and I realize he's doing it on purpose. I hold back a laugh and smack him. He grins back at me sheepishly.

Stephanie is completely absorbed by the movie.  I'm grinning at her when something hits my face. I look down to find popcorn in my lap. I feel more popcorn thrown at my face. I glare at Travis, who is staring attentively at the screen. I roll my eyes, unable to hold back a smile and smack him again.

"What did I do?" He stares at me.

I roll my eyes and shake my head, chuckling under my breath.

After about ten minutes, I decide to get back at Travis for throwing the popcorn at me. I put my arm on the back of his seat. He seems a bit surprised, but he doesn't move it. I wait another minute. I sneakily grab a few ice cubes from Stephanie's drink. I slowly pull the collar of Travis's shirt out and drop the ice cubes down his back.

Travis shouts and leaps up. People shush him and I quietly laugh. He glares at me and I grin back at him. He shivers and pulls out the last ice cube. He throws it at me but I cover my face and it bounces off my hands, landing on the floor. I stick my tongue out and he sits back down, a small smirk on his face. This is now war.

The movie is close to finishing and I'm surprised Travis hasn't tried to get back at me yet. I know he will at some point.

The credits start to roll and lights flick on. We wait for the immediate rush of people exiting. After most of the theatre has left, I stand up, stretching my arms out. I take a step and start to slip. I shriek and quickly grab the railing, but I'm too late and I feel my butt hit the floor. Travis is stifling a laugh and I look at the floor. The area in front of my seat is covered in water, undoubtedly melted ice cubes. This is definitely war.