Abused Ch. 8

This morning is much smoother than yesterday morning. Travis probably thinks that I caved and I've forgiven him. Oh how wrong he is. If I wouldn't be spoiling my secret, I would totally rub in his face that I went on a date with Adam behind his back. However, I am happy we are kind of back to the way we used to be.

I decide to leave Stephanie with Sharon for the afternoon. She's been begging to take care of her and it gives me the perfect opportunity to visit Adam at the restaurant. I hurriedly walk to Sharon's car, excited to surprise Adam.

I pull into a parking space in front of the restaurant and get out of the car. I walk inside and go straight to the bar. Adam's back is turned to me. I grin evilly and sneak up on him. I harshly poke his back and quickly bend down so he won't see me.

Adam turns in confusion and I suppress giggles bubbling in my throat. He turns around and mutters something incoherent. I poke him again and bend down. I can tell he is getting irritated and smacks the other bartender, who swears he didn't do it. I once again hold back my laughter. I poke him again. His hands shoot out and grab my arm before I can bend down again. I gasp in shock and support myself on a barstool so I won't fall.

Adam whips around, a large scowl planted on his face. His face immediately brightens when he realizes it's me.

"Elizabeth? What are you doing here?" Adam smiles.

"I have the afternoon off from Stephanie, and I thought I would come and visit you." I grin, "How late do you work tonight?"

"I get off at 6:00 tonight. I would love to hang out with you again, but my shift is another 6 hours. If you want you can leave and come back, or I could pick you up." Adam pauses, "If you want to hang out, of course." He stutters. I giggle.

"Of course I want to hang out. And I don't mind hanging out here at the restaurant, if that's alright with you."

"You would really do that?" Adam raises his eyebrow.

"Sure, why not?" I smile.

"Well thanks. I've never had anyone stay with me during a shift. It might be a bit boring."

"Nonsense, it'll be fun." I smirk. Adam shrugs and starts to clean the bar countertop.

I sigh happily and sit down on a bar stool. The restaurant is hustling and bustling, but for now, the bar is deserted. I'm sure it won't be for long. The bartenders start mixing drinks and I stare at them with curiosity.

"Isn't it a little early to be making drinks?" I ponder.

"Nope. You'd be surprised how busy this place gets at lunch time. Everyone's motto is 'Hey, it's five o' clock somewhere.'" Adam explains.

"People are always looking to drink, aren't they?" I laugh.

"Yup." Adam smiles. He turns around and grabs a remote, flipping on the tv.

"Are there any sports games on?" I ask.

"The ones worth watching are on Sunday, but here, why don't you try finding one. It'll give you something to do." Adam hands me the remote.

"Okay." I shrug and take the remote. I start flipping channels, yawning here and there. I continue to breeze by the channels when my thumb stops dead in its tracks. I gape at the tv screen, horror filling my every pore.

I'm on the tv.

"Adam." I tap him, still gaping at the screen.

"Adam." I say, more urgently.

"Adam!" He finally stops what he's doing and looks at me questioningly. I point at the screen in terror.

A picture of me holding Stephanie is flashing on the screen, the word, 'Kidnapped', in big white letters below it. Adam's jaw drops.