Abused Ch. 15

Travis' POV.

I wake to the lovely aroma of Elizabeth. I reach out my arm to bring her closer to me but I feel emptiness. I open my eyes and sit up. A note lays in her place. She's probably preparing me a delicious breakfast. I smile at the thought and pick up the note.

"It's not polite to steal another man's wife and daughter."

--John

I drop the note and my muscles tense. I stand there, frozen, too many thoughts rushing through my mind. It can't be true.

I shake my head, clearing it for a moment and sprint to Stephanie's room. She's gone.

"Elizabeth! Stephanie! Elizabeth!" I scream as I run through the house. I fly open the door and run out to the edge of the driveway.

How? How could he have found her? The only people that knew she was here were--Sharon. My heart stops and I freeze.

"Elizabeth!" I yell at the top of my lungs.

I collapse on the concrete and my chest heaves violently with every sob. She's gone.

---------------------------------------------------------

Elizabeth's POV.

I start to wake and my muscles ache. I groan and stretch my arms up and they hit something hard. I open my eyes in confusion just as a pain rips through my cheek.

I freeze, too in shock to yelp out at the sudden pain. I'm in a car. I slowly turn my head, afraid of what I'll see.

John is driving the car. I start screaming and he grabs a gun out of his pocket and points it at me. I clamp my mouth with my hand and my whole body shakes. Tears stream down my cheeks as my mind is attacked by unanswered questions.

"W-where's S-s-stephanie?" I barely make out.

"She's in the back seat and you almost woke her up with your wreckless screaming." John shoves the gun harder against my forehead. I gasp.

"Where are you taking me?" I ask.

"We're going to the airport." John pauses and lowers the gun, "Make another noise and I'll shoot next time."

I gulp and nod my head quickly.

"Did you really think you could leave me? Did you? And then you go to another man? You dirty little slut!" John slaps me again and I bite my tongue.

John would've continued to beat me if the car hadn't started to veer into the other lane. Cars beeped behind us and he once again grabs the steering wheel.

"I'll finish you when we get home." John glares at me and I hold my burning cheek as the tears stream down even faster.

We're almost at the airport.

---------------------------------------------------------

Travis' POV.

I speed onto the highway and head for the airport. I pray that they haven't boarded a plane yet. I grab my phone and dial Sharon. That woman is going to have hell to pay.

"Hi Travis. Miss me already?" She answers smugly.

"You little bitch. You're lucky we're not in the same room!" I spit into the phone.

"Ooo, I'm so horrified."

"Do you have any idea what you've done? You don't tell an abusive husband where his runaway wife is! He'll beat her to death you idiot!" I yell.

There's a pause of silence on the phone. Hmph, I guess she does have a heart after all.

"I-I just wanted you back, Travis. I didn't think he would kill her, I--" She starts to sob.

"Save it. You can't take back what you've done. I hope you're happy, Sharon. You've gotten rid of her, just like you wanted." I click the phone off and throw it to the seat next to me.

My hands are white as they grip the steering wheel. Oh Elizabeth, how could I have let this happen? This is all my fault. Just when I finally had you, you slipped through my fingers. It's all my fault.

Hang in there Elizabeth, I'm coming.