Abused Ch. 11

• Dedicated to All of my fans!!!

I stare into Travis's eyes, unable to speak. My mind is buzzing with too many things. I feel myself starting to get light-headed. I start to lose my balance and Travis reaches for me. I grab the edge of the counter and regain my balance.

"Elizabeth, are you okay?" He gasps, holding onto my shoulder.

"I-I'm fine. Travis, what did we just do?" I ask.

"I..." He trails off and looks away. I grab his face with my hands and his eyes pierce into mine.

"Do you regret it?" I whisper.

Travis thinks about it for a moment. He just stares into my eyes.

"No."

That's all I needed to hear. I'm about to push my lips into his when I remember why I had stopped the first time. I look away.

"Travis, we can't do this." I frown.

Travis runs his hands through his hair. He sighs. He seems deep in thought so I let him think about his response. Travis walks over to the living room and stares out the window.

I trudge after him and place a hand on his shoulder.

"Travis..." I begin.

"I just don't know what to do." Travis sighs a heavy sigh. "This should be easy, but it's not. I've been feeling this way ever since I saw you sitting at the airport. You looked like a goddess, lost and out of place in this small town. It was like high school again and I found myself falling for you. I kept telling myself that I loved Sharon, and only Sharon, and that these feelings for you meant nothing. But they aren't nothing." Travis turns to face me. "I just..."

Travis groans at his inability to put his feelings into words. I can't believe that he just said that. Does he really feel that way about me? I open my mouth to speak but no sound comes out.

"I just...I've been dating Sharon for four years, and these feelings came up out of nowhere. I just need to be sure that I'm making the right decision. I need time."

"O-okay." I say softly. I really understand what he's saying, and he's being very reasonable, but a part of me feels that he should just know, that he shouldn't need time. I turn to walk away.

"Stop." Travis grabs my arms and twirls me around. He pulls me into a tight embrace and I can no longer fight the tears. "Oh Elizabeth. I think I really love you. I love everything about you, to your emerald green eyes, to your video game skills, to your artistic ability, and I love being able to hold you when you cry." Travis kisses my forehead and rests his chin on my head. No one has ever said anything so kind, and I'm at a lost for words.

"Travis, that kiss ignited something in me. I just don't think I can live here without wanting you. I can't pretend that didn't happen until you sort out your feelings." I find my voice and wipe away tears. Travis's gaze softens.

"I know. I just can't break things off this very minute. I've had feelings for Sharon for too long to do that. Give me a week. Please don't leave." Travis begs me with his eyes.

"I..." I hesitate. I don't know if I can control myself around him for a week. "Alright. One week. But..." I feel too embarrassed to tell him about the self-control issue.

"You can't resist this hot bod for that long?" Travis grins and gestures to his body. I blush wildly and smack him.

"No!" I shout. Yes. When did he become a mind-reader?

"Mhm...whatever you say Elizabeth." Travis puffs out his chest and trots into the kitchen. I huff and put my hands on my hips.

"So...uh...do you...want to play video games?" I stutter. I suppose it's best to act like we were before the kiss.