Chapter 13|Come on, I won't bite

Cover made by @U-N-I-Q-U-E!

~*~*~*~*~

It had been just over a week since the whole poster incident, and everything was pretty much back to the way it was before. I'm not sure if anyone really even believed what they read because it did sound like a stupid revenge prank or something.

I wasn't sick anymore, and Tara had finally forgiven me for not answering her calls when I missed school that day. The only reason I didn't answer her, is because I didn't have my phone, therefore I didn't know she was calling in the first place. She couldn't seem to accept that though.

And my parents either didn't know or didn't care about the two consecutive days of school I missed. I was kinda relieved about that.

Anyways, it was a Friday night, and what was I doing? I was sitting in my room with a gigantic bowl of popcorn on my lap, while watching Finding Nemo. I was wearing clothes that probably would've been condemned to hell by the fashion police, as well as Ryan's hoody, which I was a little disappointed with because it was losing his smell.

Tara, Lee, Kyle and Justin had gone to some party at Erika's mansion, which I had blatantly refused to go to. Ryan had also said quite bluntly that he wouldn't go, he didn't say why, but I could see that his truck was missing so he probably had places to be or people to see.

My mom was being nice to me again, like she was actually glad that I existed which was weird. Not that I liked it when she was bitchy either, but honestly, couldn't she just make up her mind instead if being bipolar all the time?

"Hazel honey, can you come downstairs please?" See what I mean? Her niceness just freaks me out.

I sadly paused Dori's pretty blue face, leaving the bowl of popcorn on my bed and heading downstairs. The remaining three members of my family were seated around the table.

"Hazel, whose sweater is that darling?" My mom asked as I entered the room.

"Uh...it's Caleb's," I lied. There was no way I was going to tell her who it actually belonged to.

"Oh," her face soured at the mention of his name, but she forced a smile. "Sit down, we're having a family meeting."

I made a face, but sat down as she'd requested.

"Now I know that everyone is used to living here with our little family of four, but your father and I have decided to expand the family."

I froze, holding my breath a little. The air around me was suddenly suffocating.

She grinned. "I'm having a baby!"

Jasmine squealed, crushing our mother in a hug and chattering excitedly about how she would dress up her new sibling.

I remained seated, trying to process this information that had just been shoved on me.

"Now," mom started, "I know this is going to be a big change, but I think it will be good for us." She looked between Jasmine and I. "And I know I already have two beautiful daughters-"

"And a son," I interrupted.

"Excuse me?"

"You have a son too, the one who is fighting for his country, remember? Just because you seem capable of forgetting him doesn't mean he doesn't exist."

"You just had to ruin this, didn't you?" she sighed.

I laughed manically. "I ruined it, did I? Have you even thought this through? How will you afford to support this baby? There is no room in this house for an infant, so where will it sleep? What about when you're in your sixties and they're going to college, how will you afford that?"