Chapter 16|I'm freezing my ass off out here

Super unedited.

Enjoy.

~*~*~*~

"Guess what! Guess what! Guess what!" Tara yelled as she came hurtling towards our table in the cafeteria.

"What?"

"Kyle asked me to prom!" She squealed.

"Prom?" I asked.

"You know that dance you get asked to every year and never go to?" She asked impatiently.

"I know what prom is," I said, rolling my eyes. "I just didn't know when it was."

"Well, it's our senior year, you have to go."

"You've never been asked to prom?" Ryan asked, sitting down.

"Oh, she's been asked, she just rejects them all," Tara snorted.

"It's not personal, it's just not my scene," I defended.

"Well maybe the right person will ask you this year," Ryan said, causing Tara to grin.

I stuck my to tongue out at her childishly.

The rest of the day continued as normal. It was boring actually, so when the bell rung I almost leapt out of my seat. Tara was riding with Kyle so I was on my own. It was good to have a little time to myself, in fact it would have been great if I hadn't bumped into Erika on the way to the parking lot.

She purposely shoved me, narrowly avoiding my toes with her six inch heels.

"What's your problem?" I hissed, grabbing her arm spin her towards me.

"You broke my nose, that's my
problem," she spat.

"That was your own fault. Maybe you should learn not to but your head into other people's lives," I suggested.

"Maybe you should learn not to steal other people's boyfriends," she challenged.

For the love of god.

"I didn't steal your boyfriend, you cheated on him, there's a difference. Why can't you get it through your thick skull that Ryan and I are friends. I don't care who he dates as long as he's happy, and if you really liked him, you'd want him to be happy too. The world doesn't revolve around you and I don't want to get caught in your drama." I turned to walk away but she caught my arm. It took all of the strength I had to not punch her in the face. Again.

"What?" I growled.

"I'm not done talking to you."

"I would think very long and hard about your next decision if I were you Erika. Remember what happened last time you pissed me off?"

"That punch was a fluke."

Honestly, lying to yourself isn't healthy.

"Was it now?" I asked raising my right fist. She flinched ducking down and covering her head. It's not like I was actually going to punch her, but it was a good way to prove a point.

"That's what I thought."

I walked over to my jeep and drove away like a boss. I didn't want to hurt her, well not all the time, but if she kept pressing my buttons I was going to snap, and next time I'd aim for her teeth.

I also thought that when I got home I would be left alone, but I soon realised I was doomed when I saw several cars parked outside our house.

I tried to enter the house quietly too, to avoid unwanted attention, but a sudden gust of wind grabbed the door, throwing it closed.