Chapter 27|I feel tingly

"S-s-sunshine h-how long d-do I have to s-s-stay in h-here?"

"For as long as you can without turning into a human popsicle," I said, cleaning the blood away from the cut above his eyebrow. I couldn't help but think it made him look even more attractive in a sadistic kind of way.

"I th-think I have frostbite," he concluded, his teeth chattering. His lips were turning blue, and his skin was a zombie-ish shade of pale.

"Alright, I think you've been chilled for long enough," I said, grabbing his arm as I attempted to help him up. He stood up shakily, cubes of ice falling back into the frigid water around him. He stumbled over the edge of the bathtub and I held on tightly to him, steadying him.

"Woah, slow down buddy," I said as he swayed a little. I wrapped a towel around his shoulders, not that it probably helped very much at all. He was a big guy and it was a small towel.

"I f-feel tingly."

"That's good."

"Why is that g-good?"

"You can feel something, that means you don't have frostbite."

He frowned at me, sticking out his bottom lip. It was adorable. Like a golden retriever puppy.

I patted his shoulder. "Get changed. Hypothermia's not fun."

I closed the bathroom door behind me, heading to Ryan's room.

"Should I be worried that you were just in the bathroom with my brother?"

I gasped, placing a hand over my heart. "Don't sneak up on me like that!"

Evan raised his hands in surrender. "Seriously though I'm not ready to be an uncle."

I rolled my eyes. "He was having an ice bath."

"An ice bath...why?"

"He had a fight. You didn't know?"

"Oh right, I forgot."

"I take it you don't watch him fight then?"

"I don't like watching people beat on my baby brother."

"Fair enough. He did win the fight you know."

"Doesn't he always?"

"Seems that way."

"Right, I'm going to go raid Archie's candy stash," Evan grinned, rubbing his hands together at his evil plan.

"Have fun with that."

"Oh I will. You have fun too, but not too much fun if you know what I'm saying."

I smacked him as he walked past. "You're an animal."

He threw me a smirk over his shoulder. "Tell Ry not to be silly, cover his willy."

I covered my ears with my hands. "La la la la, I can't hear you!" I yelled, listening to him cackle as he walked away.

"No glove, no love!" He shouted in response.

I think I puked in my mouth.

I didn't reply to that. That comment shouldn't be dignified with a response.

I escaped to Ryan's room, falling face first onto his bed. I breathed in the scent of his comforter.

Why did it smell so good?

Did he soak that thing in cinnamon, or give it to a unicorn to sneeze special cinnamon smelling unicorn dust onto it?

Maybe he sent it to a magical treehouse where the tree folk sprinkled their magical herbs on it.