Epilogue

Okay, so this epilogue is going be kinda like a timeline with different stages of Ryan and Hazel's lives together. Does that make sense? No? Well too bad!

~*~*~*~
___________________
Five years after high school graduation.

"Where are we?" I asked for about the fifth time in the last minute. If he would've just told me then I'd stop asking. We were walking somewhere. I didn't know where because I couldn't see a damn thing. Ryan's hand was covering my eyes, not that I couldn't have done that myself, but he insisted. In reality he knew that I would peek if I covered my own eyes.

"You're the most impatient person I know," he replied, steering my shoulder with his other hand.

"You love me," I retorted.

"Sadly," he commented, as we stopped. I had no idea where we were. How could I, my eyes were being covered by a giraffe. Laser vision would've been quite helpful at that point. Clearly I don't eat enough carrots to activate that power.

"Okay, are you ready for your surprise?" He asked.

"As long it's not a pet tarantula."

He snorted. "If there was a tarantula I would have hauled ass a long time ago."

"Good to know that you would just leave your girlfriend here to become dinner for a giant spider."

"You're imagining it like the size of a car, aren't you?"

"Well yeah." I shivered at the mental image. "Can we just get this surprise over with?"

"As you wish."

"Don't go all Westly on me," I scolded.

"Sure thing buttercup."

I blindly whacked behind me, trying to make contact. My hand never connected with anything solid. Slippery little bastard.

I sighed in defeat. "Please?"

I felt him kiss the top of my head and I subconsciously smiled. His hand detached itself from my face and I was in awe of the scene that lay before us. We were standing in front of the name tree. The one in the park. Under the tree was a picnic blanket, a bunch of cushions and a picnic basket. On the branches hung jars which contained small candles, burning brightly against the dark sky.

I turned around, my eyes wild with excitement. I pressed my lips hard to Ryan's, and he just laughed as I dragged him towards the tree. We settled on the picnic blanket, and I rested my head on his shoulder. We looked up through the tree branches, staring past the brightly glowing candles. The stars could be seen in the vast distance. I sighed contentedly.

"Do you think there are aliens out there?" I asked curiously.

He let out a bark of laughter. "Totally not what I was expecting you to say."

"Honestly, you should be used to my strangeness by now."

He shrugged. "I like it that you're full of surprises."

"So?" I prompted.

"So what?"

"Aliens," I reminded.

"Oh right, aliens. Well obviously there must be aliens because clearly no human was skilled enough to invent starburst gummy worms."

I looked him in the eye. "You better not be messing with me right now."

He reached into the picnic basket, retrieving a plastic packet that I recognised to be the gummy pieces of joy.

"I love you even more now," I admitted.