His story and mine

Riley's POV

I can feel all the eyes on me as I walk into Farkle's house. The whole class is there sitting on couches, gossiping.

My eyes find Lucas immediately. Maya is wiping some blood off his nose. I bite my lip.

His eyes find me and turn to mine. He looks a bit sad. A bit disappointed.

Next to him is Maya, on the one side, and Josh on the other. Josh has kept his distance, though. He made sure there was almost 1 meter between them.

And I sit exactly there. I turn to Josh and help him wipe off some blood.

"So he didn't COMPLETELY kick your ass, huh? I am impressed.", I say.

He smiles at me.

"Let's say that we're both going to have some good bruises tommorrow.", he murmurs.

I laugh and I feel everyone looking at me. I ignore everyone.

"So what happened?", I ask.

He chuckles like it is an amusing memory. Laughing seems to hurt him because he flinches. I laugh and he smiles.

"Well. It's a hell of a long story.", he starts/

"I got in your friend's impressive house and I tried to find him. When I did, I asked him if Maya was here. HE LIED TO ME! Do you believe that?!"

"Easily", I reply. "Go on."

"I didn't give up and I found her myself. And there she was, standing by Friar, very beautiful, as always."

I shake my head. Josh is still flirting.

"They started slow dancing but I interrupted them and asked her for a dance."

"You're such an idiot.", I comment.

"Shut up. He said no, of course. But she said yes. And we danced and I kissed her. And then Friar so impolitely interrupted us. And he pushed me. I didn't do anything. Then he punched and... you know, I reacted."

I nod, thnking. Josh made sound so easy. I smile at him. He was so much braver than me. He kissed Maya.

"You kissed my girlfriend!", Lucas yells and I jump.

I turn to look at him too.

"Lucas-", I try but he cuts me off.

"Don't talk to me!", he yells. "Matthews, you kissed my freaking GIRLFRIEND!"

"She needed to know how I feel before she made her desicion!"

"There is no desicion for her to make. You live in Philadelphia!"

"Not anymore!"

I freeze. What does he mean?

"I got accepted in college here. Riley knows."

I don't know why he lies but I won't confront him now. I'll save it for home.

"Is there a problem Lucas?", I ask.

He seems furious.

"OF COURSE! YOUR UNCLE KISSED MY GIRLFRIEND!"

"Maya is capable of defending herself, why won't you let her talk?"

That shuts him up. And when Maya opens her mouth to actually talk he cuts her off.

"Because he kissed her. She doesn't need to explain anything. You do."

He's pointing at me. Josh huffs.

"Riley doesn't need to do anything, or explain anything and even if she did, she wouldn't have to explain it to you.", he says.