I'm Only Protecting You

"Lexi, please...wake up" Sam said, turning around in the passenger's seat. She was sitting up but her head was leaning on Crowley's shoulder. As far as they knew she was unconscious.

"See, this is what you get, you two don't pay attention to her enough" Crowley said, his eyebrows furrowed together at Sam.

"Oh you shut it. The only reason why you're here is because of her." Sam nodded his head in Lexi's direction.

"While that may be true, I'm the only one that can help her" he sneered.

"Oh both of you shut it" Dean said. "You aren't helping, so why don't you just go poof off, we have worse things to worry about" Dean looked in the mirror at Crowley.

"It'd be a pleasure, I'd wish you good luck on Lucifer, but we already know what's going to happen, don't we all?" he smirked. He took Lexi's hand in his and disappeared. Dean breathed a sigh of relief before looking in the mirror again.

"Oh the goddamn son of a bitch! Next time we find him I'm going to chop him up and send his parts across the damn globe" He hit the steering wheel with his hand angrily.

"Noted. So where exactly are we going" Sam said, looking at the road in front of them. The sun was setting and night had begun to spread across the sky, blues and reds and oranges combining in color to make a memorable sunset. It was always like this on the road, hopefully it'd stay that way.

"Bobby's, he said he needed to talk to us about something."

"Alright, how far away are we?"

"About two hours or so. Luckily Crowley's shack wasn't far from civilization then we thought" He chuckled, then paused.

"Speaking of Crowley, uh...what's with him and Lexi? Why does he all of a sudden take an interest in her, it's a bit creepy. I know we should be looking for her too...but Bobby needs us, Lucifer is showing tell tale signs of appearance and we haven't told her yet-"

"She doesn't need to know about it. It'll only put her in more danger than she already is. We can only hope that Crowley has her somewhere safe."

"It's funny" Sam chuckled lightly. "I remember when we would gather all of the things we could to take a demon down, and now we're teaming up with one? It's a bit weird."

"And now we're taking down the king of demons himself. I know, it's definitely weird, but we can only go up from here, right?" Dean looked at Sam assuringly, patting Sam on the shoulder lightly.

"Yeah, only up" He smiled, a flicker of regret behind his mind. He remembered he didn't tell Dean yet that he was going to say yes to Lucifer, that he would jump into the cage and leave everyone behind. Leave Dean and Lexi behind. It would be for the better, so that Lucifer didn't leave a path of death and destruction in his wake. Just Sam and Lucifer in the cage. He could do it, for Dean and Lexi.

*~*~*~*~*

I woke up in something soft and dark. I tried to open my eyes and was welcomed to darkness, a warm light shining through whatever I was under. I looked down at my fingers and moved them. Good okay, so far nothing's broken. Now let's try legs. I brought the thing that I was under out over me and I sat up, now realizing I was in a bed. I swung my legs onto the floor and stood up, my legs buckling slightly under me. What the hell did I do? Where am I? I said, sitting back down on the bed. " H-hello?" I said into the empty room, hoping that someone would hear. I put my fingers to my temples and pressed lightly, there was a headache that I either didn't notice until now or just started that was really bad. Okay, now I'm really curious as to what I did. Headache still pounding, I looked around.