Only Slight Deception

Sam looked at the couch and sat down in a chair next to it, watching Lexi as her chest rose and fell, her eyes moving under her eyelids slightly.

"Sam? You still here boy?" Bobby said on the other line, interrupting his train of thought.

"Y-yeah sorry Bobby, just..thinking. So, where were we?"

"Your brother just ditched you for Crowley."

"Oh yeah,right. I still don't understand why he would do something like that."

"Maybe he was defending you and Lexi from whatever they were going after, one of the horsemen right?"

"Pestilence yeah. But why didn't he take me and Lexi with him?"

"That's the thing I'm tongue tied about. See, he would most definitely take you, because he would need you to help gank demons and whatnot. But Lexi, he was right to not bring her. She's something special". Sam looked back at her, smiling lightly.

"Yeah...she is. Maybe he left me here to look after her, I'll just ask him when he gets back from killing pestilence."

"Alright, and if he doesn't say anything tell me and I'll call him. See if I can get anything out about it. Oh, I forgot to ask you, anything going on with Crowley lately?"

"Uh, well..he's been a bit, touchy with Lexi...but everything's normal other than that I guess."

"How touchy?" Bobby's voice went slightly deeper, more defensive and concerned.

"He's been more around her than anyone we've come across, and she hasn't tried to stab him..yet. From what we've seen, she doesn't mind his company at all, in fact, maybe enjoys it? I dunno, it's just...creepy" he shivered.

"Sounds like he's got a crush then, glad its not on me" he chuckled softly.

"But that's not it. Before I called you he...uh, he kissed her. I didn't catch her facial expression but I'm sure she didn't take it too kindly. I was busy almost puking to see the rest of it."

"Do you need me to shoot him? Believe me, I'm more than happy to."

"Not yet, we still need him to help us find and kill the rest of the horsemen, then we'll decide what to do with him after that."

"Make sure I'm there if you do murder the bastard."

"Wouldn't forget you Bobby" he laughed softly, Lexi turned over on the couch, sighing. "Hey, I'm gonna go, I have to check something. I'll call you when I get info about pestilence, okay?"

"Fine by me Sam. Talk to ya later."

"Bye" Sam hung up the phone and sighed, kicking his feet up on the table in front of him. He turned on the TV in front of them, watching Lexi stir from sleep. He turned the volume down, then heard her yawn, starting to sit up on the couch.

*~*~*~*~*

I yawned and stretched my arms, opening my eyes. The first thing I saw was Sam changing through the channels on the TV.

"Hey, sorry. Did I wake you?" Sam said softly, looking over at me.

"Not at all, was I out for long?"

"Nope, I just got done talking with Bobby so about half an hour."

"Alright" I got up, finger combing through my hair and going to the "kitchen". Nothing whatsoever, no food, what the hell? Why didn't we grab food?- oh yeah, we were teleported...shit. I walked back into the living room, sitting next to Sam. "So, uh..there's no food."