memories :3

lucy pov

what if her brother is already dead? what if we get there and theres no one there? what if there is no home to go back to? how will lez feel?

i looked up at the ceiling. lez was now lying down in the bed of the room with some sheets over her. i could still hear the laughter of some men dowstairs. they sounded drunk and stupid. i could hear their cheesy retarded jokes. i listened carefully as they all laughed without any worries in the world.

it was like if the infection never began. i tried laughing at the jokes but i couldn't. i don't remember when i started being so cold ... so empty. im sure i used to laugh at some jokes. im sure i used to even laugh at anything.

i slowly get up and sit in a chair next to the window. i look at how beautiful the moon looks. then i hear someone laughing. it was lez. i look over to her and i see that shes slowly sitting up on the bed.

"your awake?" i ask with a low voice.

"sorry. its just... that.. their jokes.. usually my brother makes em to cheer us up. their really funny. don't you think?" says lez with a big smile.

"i see..." i say looking out the window.

"umm you still haven't told me your name..."

i look at her for a second and then i say "lucy... they used to call me... lucy..."

"hey. umm... lucy? why haven't i seen you smile at all today?"

"well... nothing funny happened... so why should i smile?" i ask confused " and besides shouldn't i be scared instead. i mean im alone in a room with a little girl and she starts laughing like a maniac. ive seen to many scary movies to see whats coming next."

lez looks at her hands and says "i have always been protected by my brother. i haven't really seen things that other girls have... so i don't know what you have been through but..."

"oh cut the bullshit... i don't want your pity." i say mad. i look at lez who looks frightened. i sigh and say "look what happened already happened. somethings happen and all you can do is just walk foward. you can't change the past and you definitely can't make the memory any better with stupid encouraging words. in this world only actions count and sometimes its best to tell your story than to forget it... so please... don't tell me to forget all the bad things that happened because thats my story...and its all i have left of who i used to be." i sigh. "look I've finished cleaning this city up. so... tomorrow we head towards your home but under one condition."

"really! ill do anything!" says lez excitedly getting up fromthe bed.

"you have to stay by my side at all times. i don't want any trouble." i say tired. "now you should get yourself some beauty sleep. tomorrow is going to be a very tiring day. tomorrow we head north."

nicks pov

today we lost one of our group members. the little sister of sam. i could now see jack the old man trying to cheer sam up but he doesn't budge. his eyes are red and you could tell that he had been crying hard.

when that guy and his sis showed up it was very troubling because they knew nothing about surviving but sam learned quick. he did it to protect his sister lez.

i walk over to sam who is just crying like a little girl. to think that i ever thought of him as an oponent. it made me sick. "quit crying like a little girl and get a grip of yourself!" i yell as i punch him in the face. he lands on the floor and grabs his mouth with one hand. he turns to look at me shocked. i could now see blood in his lower lip. "crying won't solve anything. so man up!" i scream as i leave the room and go to another one.

jacks pov

nick mad. he is a strong nineteen year old kid. i knew he was worried about sam who is like his little brother even though its just a year difference. when he walked over to sam i kind of already expected him to do something stupid. since he is short tempered after all.

when nick left the room i got a piece of cloth and gave it to sam who's lower lip was now bleeding. "the fools just worried about you. im sure hes as worried as you are about lez. im sure lez is fine. shell probably head north towards the shelter. lets hope her angel watches over her."

"yeah" says sam feeling down "your probably right."

lucys pov

i woke up to the sound of car engines. i slowly opened my eyes and looked at the cars turning on and the men getting on the cars fast.

i looked over to lez who was still laying down in the bed. i hadn't noticed last night because it was dark but she was wearing a torn shirt and pants that didn't completely cover her legs. i looked at her shoes and they were torn apart.

i looked at her and then i took out my glasses from my bracelet i looked for anything. humans,hackers,imune, and infected but everything was now clear. i looked north towards where we were supposed to be headed to and i could see three figures. they werent far. they looked like the were resting inside of some aparments. two were human and one was imune. they were all male. two looked around eighteen and one around thirty.

i took my glasses off and put them away in my bracelet. i took some cammed food out of the bracelet and woke lez up. she was tired but we had to hurry and get her some clothes before heading towards the guys who might know about lez and her group.

when lez was finished eating canned fruit she looked at me for.a.long time before she said "aren't you going to eat."

"i don't get hungry that much. im what you call different from the rest. i don't get as hungry as a normal human being... but when i get injured. thats different." i give her a grin.

"why?" she asked curious.

"because a papercut will hurt like if i had lost a finger." i say as i walk out side the room. i get the little device that creates the shield fron the door and put it away in my bracelet.

"lets go. before we head north we.need new clothing." when i turned around i could see lez blushing. probably in embarrasment of what she was wearing. "lets go. we gotta prepare."

"but aren't there alot of infected in the stores?" she asks worried.

"not anymore." i say as i continue to walk foward.

"umm your sunglasses. what do they do? i saw you wearing them and they lit up red then blue. what do they do?" she asks curious

" they can show me where humans and infected are located. they can also tell me the difference between imune and hackers. they can tell me coordinates and they have a map of the world in their program so they.can tell me which way to go to when I'm traveling. they an do more things like predict the enemys move and give me imformation about my enemies."

"cool! and your bracelet? i saw it sucked inside your gun and glasses. is it like a backpack? how does it do it?"

we where now outside of the hotel and began walking towards the stores. "well it breaks the items into particles and places them inside of the bracelet. like a file. it also helps me with my image."

"what do you mean?"

"well a long time ago something happened and i changed. my eyes became red and weird. i had brown eyes but everytime i fought they would turn red. i thought it was troublesome so i made this bracelet."

"wait you made it. does that mean you also made that shield?"

"yes... it was for fun at first though... but soon enough it became a part of my life. the fact that i could build new things.

lez pov

we got to the store and i grabbed a blue shirt some jeans and a blue jacket with some blue convers and when i was finished i looked at lucy.

She put on some blue skinny jeans and she took off her long sleeve shirt and put on a black undershirt. When she turned around to put on a black jacket. I noticed she had a bite on her right arm.

"Oh my god! Lucy your infected!" I screamed.

She chuckled and said "im imune."