murderer: 7

lucy pov

i stood inside of the basement now for what seemed like thirty minutes. i looked around with my glasses and i could see five infected but i realized that i had missed something. this was a preety small room with many gaps and places to hide but there was a wall that seemed to be connected to another.by a bullet proof window. it seemed to have two infected. i was about to walk towards the infected to kill them but then through another window on the top of the room i could see a man with blonde hair and dark blue eyes watching the infected with an evil smile. i looked at the door and i saw five people come inside. in the middle of them.there was lez. they began to scream when the infected began to run towards them. lez was about to get bitten when a boy jumped in front of her and got bitten. i took out the silencer in my gun and took of my jacket. the gun made a loud sound that allowed the infected to start going after me. i quickly took out another gun from my bracelet and kept shooting at the infected. when i ran out of bullets i took out a sword and prepared myself to fight like how i used to in the very beginning. the boy that had stepped foward to protect lez began to scream and run towards me and i swung my sword fast to cut his head off. the blood spilled all over my face and i ran towards the infected and killed one by cutting his arms. the last one ran towards the group and bit a boy with brown hair. he looked at the zombie without blinking and i shot the thing with another gun from my bracelet. i took out another gun with different purpose. i counted to ten in my head and shot the boy. he took out of his neck a needle and then fell to the ground. i quickly grabbed lez and pulled her when she began to cry. "no! you... why did you kill him?! no! no!" she shouted.

"lez get a hold of yourself!" i screamed as i hit her in the head with the gun. she blacked out and i carried her to a blocked pathway and i bombed it. i carried her into the tunnels and i saw a man stand with three other people in front of me. "are you sure you want to do this?"

"yes" i said calmly as i handed him lez. "take good care of this kid for me."

lez pov

i woke up to the sound of birds singing. its been a while since ive heard a bird sing. i sat up and looked around the room.

i could see a tall figure standing in front of me. it was lucy.

i stood up in rage and slapped lucy in the face. she took a step back and looked away from me.

"why?! you didn't have to kill him!" i screamed. what angered me the most was that she wasn't sad. she wasn't happy she was normal. like if nothing ever happened.

"he got bit" she said coldly. she turned to look at my eyes and without feeling she said "it had to be done."

"why?! he was my friend?! couldn't you have done something to save him?!"

"no. in this world you can't save everyone. sometimes... you have to sacrifice one or two for the safety of the rest." she said with a sad expression. "i want you to understand that lez."

"fuck that! how can you say that?! you murdered him! you killed him! your a murderer!" i screamed with all my might.

"that's what ive been telling you the whole time! im no hero! im a cold heartless killer! i feel nothing when i kill someone!" she screamed as she left the room slamming the door behind her.

'how did she know that i had called her a hero? did i ever tell her' i said in my mind.

bens pov

"you sure you wanna leave it at that lucia?" i asked standing in front of her in the hall.

"oh hey old man." she looked back to the door and said "it had to be done. her shelter is very near and her brother and his companions are probably on their way there or probably there already."

"why make your life so hard? shes going to find out that you lied. why not just tell her the kid is ok?" i ask her curiously.

"my job is to take her home safely. i already talked to her group about this and they allowed me to take her there." she said with a sad face.

"are you trying to make the kid hate you so that she doesn't get sad when you seperate?" i asked immidiately.

"its better that way... i don't want her getting any stupid ideas like she can travel with me after taking her home.... i just..i don't want to lose her like i lost my loved ones." she said almost crying "if she turns i don't think ill be able to keep myself straight. i won't be able to keep living anymore...the pain...i..just don't wanna to feel that pain again. that pain....hurts like hell." she said as she walked passed me and walked out of the hall.

lez pov

"hey kiddo!" entered an old man from the door of the room and stood in front of me. he was quite old. he looked a little bit like jack but older. he looked like if he was fourty. his eyes where blue and he looked russian. i could see that he was preety good looking when he was younger by the way his face looked.

"who are you?" i asked scared.

"oh sorry kid. i scare you? they call me ben! you know you really shouldn't treat a friend like that." he said with a smile.

i rolled my eyes and said "shes no.friend. i hate her"

he laughed and said "sure thing kid. you know many kids like you say stupid things like those. you wanna know a secret in life?" he asked laughing.

"sure" i said uncertainly.

"the day you realize that you regret saying or doing something. thats when you know..." he stopped as if he had just finished his sentence. he stood proudly about something that made no sense.

"know.. what?" i asked curously.

"your fucked!" he said as he laughed "so remember kid. don't ever regret anything." he said as he walked out of the room. "be ready. tomorrow you go back to your bro."