Our Hero :4

I walk in front of lez the whole time. She worries me the whole time. I wonder just how tired she is. I put on my glasses and checked for anything near. I hope that the guys that i had seen before were still near. I need to at least know where we were going. 

I look into the glasses and i could see nothing. We had already walked a while. We were reaching the end of the city but it was getting dark. I turn to look at lez who looks more tired than anyone i have ever seen. 

i smile and say "we should take a rest here for today its getting late." as i point to a building in front of us.  

lez looks at me and just smiles in agreement. we walk inside the broken up building. of course there aren't any zombies but the building looks haunted. suddenly i feel something warm in my hand. its lez holding my hand while shaking.  

instead of shaking her off i grab her hand tighter and we walk inside.

lez pov

i look up at the ceiling as i lay in a warm bed with warm sheets and sigh. i turn to look at lucy who is sitting against the wall.  

she looked tired but not as tired as me. she had put a barrior in the apartment that would help with our safety but she was quiet.  

she was staring at the moon through the window with such intense. like if she was longing for something or someone. i sat up and looked at her. i hadn't realized how strong she looked. she was actually very beautiful too. her hair looked soft and her eyes were so beautiful. 

"back at home...well its more like a shelter." i start off as she turns to look at me in interest. "its actually filled with humans from all over the place. its... the only safe place for us." 

"why come to the city?" she asked curious. 

"to find more survivors. we have food. electricity. we have weapons. we came to see if anyone else needed our help." 

"i see..." she says looking at her hands. 

"back at home i have this friend... she lost someone very important to her. she's the leader of the shelter. she always tells me stories of how she killed her own friend." i say sadly. 

"how did she kill her friend?" lucy asked confused. 

"when ana was younger she had a friend who travelled with her and one day she got bitten and all ana could do was run." i paused and said "she always says that her friend was strong, beautiful, and caring. she would always smile in the worst situations just to make ana feel better. that she would always protect her and that she was like a hero but she had turned. when nick showed up we found out that he was imune. Ana hoped for her friend to be imune and she still hopes to be able to see her alive.... i also want to meet her if she's a hero because... she's my hero too." 

lucy laughed and looked at her hands sadly "a hero huh?" she paused and said "i wish they were real... i would of loved it of one showed up a long time ago." 

"what do you mean?" i asked confused. 

she turned to look at me sadly. she looked like she would cry. then her eyes changed. there was different feeling to them. they weren't sad. they looked evil filled with darkness."four years ago. i was around your age when the infection first spread.  

my parents had turned and i had to kill them.... then after a while i got mad at my sisters and they ran off. when i found them they had turned and i had to kill them... then after that i found my best friend and we were attacked by infected. they bit me and i allowed her to run away....later i found myself still alive but whenever i fought i would turn into a different person." she sighed "it makes me wonder how she is. is she still alive? or did she die?" she looks at the opposite wall and hugs herself tightly. "i wish i could see her one more time and see if shes alright... maybe if i could see her one more time... i could remember who lucia bellerose is..." 

i could see that lucy was now empty. her expression was weird. it had no feeling. "was that your name?" i asked scared of her reaction. 

"that's .... its who i used to be" lucy said coldly. 

i looked at her who sat on the floor. her black jacket covered her bite mark but it didn't cover her arms completely.  

she sighed and then said with a grin "hey this friend of yours...umm... ana was it? do you think she could tell me more about this hero of yours?" 

i smiled happily with excitement "yeah!"

lucy pov 

"Ana.... mmm...could it be?... no...it can't be. could it?" i say asking myself under my breath. the friend lez talked about was named ana and my friend was annabell but that couldn't be her... right?

i wake up to the sound of voices coming from outside of the building. the voices are deep and warm. they are the voices of three males. i quickly get up and look iut of the window. i see three guys. two around my age and one man. i quickly turn off the shield and i pull lez out of bed and run. when we make it downstairs were too late the guys are gone.  

"damn it!" i shout angry. 

"whats... wrong?...why...did we..run?" asks lez trying to breath. 

"sorry...its because i saw some guys who could have probably been able to help us."  

"how many?" asks lez excited. 

"umm... three. two around my age and a man around his thirties." i say trying to calculate their ages by their.looks. 

"oh my god! that could be my brother! it could be nick and mr.jack!" she shouts. 

i pull out my glasses and troubled i see them ahead of us. the only problem is that they are heading towards a group of hackers. "oh shit..." i say worried. "we have to stop them from moving anymore ahead. 

"why?" asks lez worried. 

"we've got hackers ahead." i say looking at lez "and your friends they're are heading straight towards them."