Chapter 5: Ethnicality

"Hey, get up! Missions a go!"

What...?

I sat up on my small bed. I looked around.

Nope... wasn't a dream... and certainly no nightmare.

It's worse... Its reality.

My room is about the size of a small closet, only enough for a bed and a small cabinet.

"I'm up..."

"Good. You should have a uniform there somewhere-put it on and meet us in the meeting hall-just the next door over."
"I got it..."

I grabbed around in the darkness near the cabinet before I found the small lantern and turned it on. In the corner is a set of cloths. Let's see... a black plain jacket, tight military pants and a white shirt. So this is what's called a uniform is it?

I dressed in the new set of cloths and left my room. The hallway is empty...

Nobody would notice me if I ran...

No...

I stretched my back and my arms.

Yesterday I wasn't very kind... I should really apologize. I am pretty sure these people aren't bad people... just lost and confused... misguided by a lunatic. Not like I am any better...

I walked into the meeting room to be greeted by everyone from yesterday, Ragniel standing in the center of the room, everyone else along the sides.

Ragniel smiled happily as I walked in.

"A good morning to you. Hope you slept well."

I nodded.

I looked to his right to see Florence.

He glared at me with his eyes for a second before he looked at Ragniel.

I stood in line next to the others.

This is rather uncomfortable.

Ragniel coughed to clear his throat before he started to talk.

"Well, everyone, today is the day we go big. We're taking out one of the corporate buildings! Specifically the one in the center of the city of 'Rosandale' the company's second largest headquarters!"

The others cheered around me.

So... I'm going to be used... to kill people. But what else, am I to do? Refuse? Sure... but I...

Ragniel walked up to me.

"To help us accomplish this mission we are going to need the aid of our new member, Aren. We will split up into three teams."
Ragniel looked away from me and back to the others.

"First, Shira, Lorence and Alligor will travel with Aren to get him to the building supports in the basement as we discovered from the blueprints we had stolen."

Shira looked pleadingly at Ragniel.

"Sir, if I may, please assign Aren to a differe-"

Ragniel looked at her with a hard glance.

"Orders are orders Shira, we all have to follow them. And as I recall, you wanted to be put with him, right?"
Shira nodded her head as she shied off.

"Yes sir..."

Ragniel looked on to the others and paused for a moment.

He breathed in deeply.

"Aren, you and your escorts should depart... now."
Huh?

Shira and two others walked past me.