Chapter 12: Before the curtain falls

Ragniel gathered up his forces and together we set out towards the head company building-where his brother, my uncle is. The only people left behind are Shira and her children. This... this is just like the beginning of act 3...

The youngest brother who had no intentions of picking between sides, in part he created, found himself thrust into the war of brothers. The youngest and his wife soon learned of his wife's father's murder, and by who's hand-revealed to them by the middle brother. The middle hoped to gain the help of the youngest, but instead brought to him the realization of his choices even further. So the youngest refused, but his wife did not. Secretly she helped the middle brother out of revenge, leaving her two children with the youngest in the dead of night. She was soon surrounded and the youngest discovered her disappearance. The youngest took to action and saved his wife, only to inadvertently choose a side in the war. The middle brother promised the youngest his life as well as the others if he helped him overthrow their elder. The youngest had to accept-and so he signed away his life for a man who would never live to see his younger brother's approval, of which he craved so eagerly for. A brother to believe in him.

This is rather uncanny...

I looked at Ragniel in the seat besides mine in this car.

Ragniel looked at me.

"Don't worry... it will all be over soon."
I smiled.

"I'm sure it will."
Ragniel looked at me worriedly.

"You seem different than usual..."
Hmmm...

"I guess I am. I just can't wait to see you parish, you understand?"
Ragniel looked at me with a small hint of fear.

"I... I see... perhaps bringing you was-no it had to be done."
"Whatever... whatever you say 'boss'."

Ragniel flinched.

"Warnings were ignored... and this is what I get... fine."
I can't really say that I am surprised to not understand what he says.

But, I can't say that I feel all too... sane either.

Why am I so eager...?

The sound of bullets flying through the air suddenly came from outside the car.

Our car suddenly swerved sideways, the driver falling onto the steering wheel. Dead.

Ragniel laughed.

"So... he did know we were coming."
He looked at me.
"Let's go, Aren."

We opened the doors to the car and ran outside.

Were in a parking lot, the one surrounding the central company building.

Men wearing black uniforms fired at us from guard towers.

Other Free Angel members fired back as they stopped their cars and ran outside.

Ragniel and I made our way inside the building. A few of the Free Angel members made their way to us.

Ragniel opened the door and pulled out a pistol from underneath his cloak.

"Let's go-to see our fate! Win or lose, it all ends here!"

The other members cheered behind him.

Guards ran in from the nearest hallway, the other employees ducking behind their desks.

The room devolved into gunfire as the guards and the other members opened fire.

Ragniel pulled me quickly towards the hallway, shooting as he ran.