Chapter 15: The Hidden Story

Florance shoved me into the first room we came across after stepping out of the elevator.

The room is empty, devoid of anything and seems to be new.

Florance pushed me towards the center of the room.

"Well, look whats happened because of you... everyone's dead.... Everyone...."

I turned to face Florance.

"Florance-I"

Floranceheld up his pistol towards me.

"You don't understand... no you understand! I bet you don't even remember-"
"I remember..."
Florances eye twitched as he stared at me.

"You... remember...?"
Florance chuckled softly to himself, but his grew in loudness.

"So, you remember do you? HAhAHA! Then you understand-this is all your fault! Your brother is dead-!"
I clenched my fists.

"They are both dead!"

Florance grinned.

"Yes... they are. But, you know... they weren't supposed to."
"What are you talking about Florance?"
Florance shook his head.

"You caused so many problems... why couldn't you have stayed gone? Why couldn't you have died that day... no matter how many times I tried to kill you, you just keep coming back!"
What...?

"So it was you... Lorance left me to die that day because-"
Florances smile grew wider.

"Yes... I had him leave you. I was the one who wanted you dead. But... you had to crawl back from hell... just like before..."
"Before...?"

Florance nodded.

"Don't you wonder who put you in that coma in the first place?"
You...?

Wait...

Florance... you...

"You were the one who helped me get away from Ragniel long enough to meet with Merren..."
Florances smile faded into a frown.

"Yes... I was. I was also the one who followed you there and threw that explosive that almost killed you and Merren. But, you didn't. I thought you died and so I ran, Merrens men behind me. See, my target was never Merren... no I needed him alive. But you... well, you know what I thought of you don't you?"
I stepped towards Florance.

"Why? Why did you-"
"Because you were ruining everything!"
I stopped.

"I only did-"
Florance stepped closer to me,

"You confused Ragniel-you made him question what we were doing! He started second guessing everything we did! I couldn't let you poison his mind... Ragniel meant everything to me... he took me in, a boy abandoned after his parents were killed in a mining accident. He raised me like his own, and I saw the world through his eyes! He showed me everything! Ragniel and I were so close... and our battle against the company only made our bond stronger! I knew that once it ended, that once the battle was over everything would change... I knew that once Merren died it was game over. I am no fool... it was easy to see that Ragniel wouldn't know what to do with himself if Merren died... so I kept the war going. I sabotaged many of our own operations, killed members myself to make it last longer. I also killed many people on the company's side just to fuel their fight. I did whatever it took... but then your wife showed up and sought revenge against Merren. She went with some other members after speaking with Ragniel to kill Merren, so I told some company officials who in turn set an ambush for them. It almost worked... but then you showed up. You saved your wife. And that's when things went to hell... you and Ragniel argued constantly and it took its tole on him. He changed... and I didn't want that... so I tried to kill you. You ended up in a coma instead. Yet, you were out of the picture. Things returned to normal, and Ragniel got your play, which he allowed me to read. Things looked great... until you came back..."
Tears fell from Florances eyes.

Florance... I'm sorry...

"Florance... Ragniel is dead-he won't come back. At the end of it all, he accepted that what he was doing was wrong. I... allowed my brothers to become this way, and I will apologize to you for it. Florance-don't do this... you don't have to finish what he started."
Flofance shook his head.

"He was everything to me... and I would have done anything for him. But now I can't, he and everyone else I cared about are dead... all because of you..."
Florance moved closer towards me.

I backed away.

"Florance! Killing me won't bring him back!"

I backed into the large window at the end of the room.

Policemen suddenly ran inside the room and aimed their weapons at Florance.

Jerry rolled in his wheelchair into the room.

"Aren!"
Florance looked at me.

"You know..."

Jerry called out to Florance.

"Put the gun down!"

Florance smiled at me.

"If you aren't a hero... then that means you are a villain."

*Crack!*

I jerked backwards, the window behind me breaking.

As I fell, the room exploded suddenly.