Chapter 17: Epilogue

I've readjusted to life without my legs. Shira and I have also found a nice home away from the city. My children have grown used to calling me dad, and I have spent so much lost time with them. In my spare time I continue to write my stories, but I have also helped reform my brothers company into a better place. It has gotten new management, but I inherited the business through Merrens will. I have made the working conditions better, as well as increased the workers' rights in the company. I have also apologized to the families of those that I had killed in the explosion.

Jerry has continued his duties as police chief. Every now and then he comes to check up on me.

We've grown to be good friends. Florance, on the other hand, had committed suicide shortly after he shot me by exploding the explosives he kept on him. The Free Angels have ceased to exist. However, in the end... did they indivertibly change anything?

I'm not sure of the answer... though, I'm not sure I want to think on the past so much. I have come to let it go. I can't change my choices, and I have to face the consequences I handpicked for myself.

But in the end of it all, I made it to a happy ending. My brothers... they died knowing and accepting their actions. So in the end, all three of us remained Valiant. I suppose that... is something good to know.