Chapter 2: Him

*3rd Person*

 It was Krystal’s mother – Mrs. Lee. She mouthed ‘hide’ to Miyo as she covered her face. Her mother had worked in Sushi Wushi Buffet for a long time already and was the Manager. “Aigoo” She slapped her forehead. Miyoko grinned and continued eating not caring about her best friend’s so called ‘problem’. As Krystal looked up she bit her lip and turned pale as if she was about to faint.

“What’s wrong with you?” The curious friend asked her. “Look who’s coming this way” The other one replied.

She looked back in shock to see Krystal’s mother coming their way. “Konnichiwa! How are things goin on he-?” Her mother paused. “KRYSTAL?!?!”  Mrs. Lee exclaimed. The daughter looked at her and grinned in a way that made Miyoko chuckle softly. “H-i-i-hi mom” She stuttered. “I can exp-” She was cut off by her mother “OH YOU’RE IN BIG TROUBLE KRYSTAL LEE. WE’LL TALK LATER” Her mother walked out of the scene.

 *Miyoko’s POV*

I rubbed her shoulder as her mother left. Poor Krys. It wasn’t her fault, it was mine. She smiled at me and continued eating. It was silent. She probably lost her appetite.

We went outside of the restaurant. There were tons of people in the mall. “Ugh Saturdays” Krystal said as she shook her head. She hated crowded places. “Shall we go and window shop?” I asked her knowing that she would never say no to that. “Is that even a question? HELL YEAH” Her reply made me laugh. It was nice seeing her like that.

Time flew by and it was almost sunset. “Hey, sorry to rush you but I have to go home” Krystal said looking down. “It’s ok, Mom must be looking for me too” We headed for the car. I sighed as I stared at the old ‘trash bag’. I really needed to get a new car. “stupid car” I mumbled to myself opening the driver’s seat. I checked my watch – “WOW!” I said in sarcasm. “Why?” Krystal looked at me all confused. “Oh, nothing” I replied to her in embarrassment. I should learn not to say my thoughts out loud! GAAD!

It was a long quiet drive. “Heart Attack” by EXO was playing. I heard Krystal hum to the song. “Good thing I downloaded this song” I faced her “Focus on the road douchebag” Krystal replied as she smirked in an evil way. Pssh. This kid really.

We reached the front door of her house. I waved goodbye and she gave me a warm smile. Her mood dropped and I don’t even know why. I sighed as I saw her enter the house.

*Krystal’s POV*

“It’s about time” I heard a voice talk to me as I went in. I looked up and saw it was my mom. Arms crossed, one foot tapping. I know where this was heading to. “Sit” She gestured to the couch. I scratched my head in preparation of ‘the lecture’.

My mother talked for an hour I guess.

I didn’t really pay attention after the first 30 minutes. The half was spent staring blankly at the pretty white candle in front of me. “Sorry” I said to end her VERY long speech and went straight to my room only to see my little sister touching my SHINee poster “STOP!!! GET OUT!!!” I shouted at her. She scrambled out of the room. “Ugh, kids” I jumped on the bed lying down. Oh how comfy it felt.

“Heaven” I said closing my eyes to take a quick power nap.

“BEEP, BEEP” My alarm clock went on. I got up lazily and went straight to the bathroom. I washed myself and removed all the make-up on my face. After that, I plopped down on the couch and checked the time - it was 7:13 PM.

“Scoot” My little sister said as she joined me on the couch “Wendy, why are you here? Today’s my schedule” I looked at her straight to the eyes. “I still want to watch TV. Don’t care what you put on” She replied grabbing a bag of chips which was hidden in the side of the couch. “Give it” I snatched it away from her. She wasn’t allowed to eat chips after 6.

“Give it back!” She told me trying to reach for it. “Try me” I said defending the bag of chips.

She ran after me “STOP!!!!!!!!!!” She screamed not giving up on her ‘precious’. “Oof!” I bumped onto someone. “Young lady, go to your room!” Mom scolded me. I gave back the bag of chips to Wendy and smiled at me in an evil way “You’re not off the hook either Wendy”.

I went to my room. Suddenly my phone rang “Hello?” A familiar voice from the phone said. “Uhm. Hello” I cleared my throat. “Who is this?” I asked the voice on the phone.

“You don’t remember?” The voice asked me.

“No I actually don’t”

“It’s me, JaeSun. Park JaeSun”

“…” I paused for a while.

“Hello? Still there?”

“Is this some kind of sick joke you’re trying to make?”

“No, it’s really me....JaeSun"

“If you really are Ian then what was my favorite word?”

“Booger. Definitely booger”

“OMYGOSH! You really are Ian” I screamed through the phone.

“I miss you so much! Where have you been?” I asked him.

We talked on the phone for a while. I couldn’t believe my bestfriend since childhood called me. I plopped down on my bed smiling at my phone. It was hard when he left all of a sudden. I couldn’t accept the fact that he was….gone. But that was before. Now he came back and I’m so happy!

Twitter:

“@krystal_lee88: Bestie came back

“@cooleyboyyjae: love you too booger! Haha! See you soon :D”

I wanted to hear a lot from him. I wanted to listen to him all day. It’s been 5 years and 5 years is REALLY long. I couldn’t imagine how depressed I was back then. I was 10 and he was 11 when he left me. Back then I didn’t have that much friends. He was the only friend that I had and he was special.

JaeSun was different. Very different.

(a/n: Helooooo

T.T I promise this weekend i'll make chapter 3 longer than this one.

Luff you. Thanks for reading! Chapter 3 will be posted on Saturday or Sunday~~.