Chapter 4: Saranghaeyo (I LOVE YOU)

*JaeSun’s POV*

“Krystal…” I started. Ugh. How do I say this? “I’m sorry”. A tear rolled down on my cheek. Freak. STOP CRYING PARK JAESUN.

She faced me “Yah! Why are you crying?” Krystal asked, eyes filled with compassion. “I’m sorry for everything. I’m sorry I left you like that” I told her. More tears started to roll down. I felt her sudden embrace “Stop crying before I cry too” Krystal whispered. I hugged her back and said “I owe you a lot” She pulled away and cupped my cheeks. “I don’t care. Past is past. I’m just glad you’re here”

She kissed my cheek “I love you Park JaeSun. You’re the bestest friend I could ever ask for” Wait. WHAT? She sees me as a bestfriend only? Aish. Just friends. Just friends.

“I love you too Krystal. Whatever happens I’ll be here for you” I looked at her in the eyes and noticed she was getting teary-eyed. “Aww, gongju don’t cry” I comforted her. “YAH! Don’t call me gongju!”. I chuckled at her remark and held her hand “It’s getting dark. We better head home and stop crying! Your mother might think I hurt you or something” Krystal wiped the tears from her face and nodded.

*3rd Person*

Krystal checked the time in her watch. It was 9:47 PM. As they headed for the car their hands were interlocked with each other. At first glance they looked like they were a couple “Don’t we make a good couple?” JaeSun joked which earned him a light punch on the arm. “In your dreams playboy” Krystal grinned.

……

They reached the house after a short drive. JaeSun led Krystal to the front door “I had fun tonight. Thank you” He said. “Me too. Text me when you get home okay? Be safe” Krystal said as he hugged Jaesun before he left. They waved goodbye at each other and JaeSun disappeared from Krystal’s sight.

She went in their house “Umma! I’m home!” Krystal said. No one answered. “Umma? Umma!” Still no one answered her call. Her palms started to sweat and she ran to every room but no one was inside the house. She checked her phone and couldn’t believe what she saw.

18 Text Messages and 23 Missed Calls from Wendy.

Her hands shivered as she clicked on the last message that was sent.

Wendy: YAH! UNNIE! WHY WON’T YOU ANSWER? UMMA’S IN THE HOSPITAL! COME HERE QUICK!

Krystal’s jaw dropped as she read the message. “U-u-um-umma?” She said to herself. After a minute of sinking it in she called her sister.

Wendy: I’m so glad you called unnie!

Krystal: Where are you?!?!?

Wendy: We’re in the Women’s Hospital at Krook Street

Krystal: I’ll be coming. Anything you need?

Wendy: Grab some clothes and you-know-what for me please. Don’t forget my toiletries too.

Krystal: Okay sure. I guess both of us will sleep there. Is mom ok?

Wendy: Mom? Ah-Uh, unnie, she’s in a coma. Uh, We don’t know when she’ll wake up .

Krystal: Wh-wh-what? UMMA? *sniffles*

Wendy: I too am sad unnie. But what can we do? Please come here right now. Umma needs you and I need you.

After the phone call Krystal grabbed all of the stuff she and her sister needed. She got her keys from the hook near their door and drove to the hospital. “I hope umma’s ok” Krystal said to herself.