Chapter 9: Birthday

*Krystal's POV*

Birthday Bonanza - it read. Today was Wendy's 13th Birthday. We - NO - I had nothing and had nothing in mind. Hmm, might as well grab something to eat later. "Say, Wendy, is there something in specific you want?" I said. In attempt to make everything a surprise.

"Uhhh. Nothing I gue - OH WAIT! I do have one!" Wendy replied her index finger pointing up. "And?" I gave my sister a look which made her continue. "There's this new headphone i've been DYING to get at the KPOP store here, but --"

"But what?" I was curious about it "It costs around $100 - $150" My eyes widened at the price "MORE THAN A HUNDRED DOLLARS FOR A STINKING HEADPHONE?!?!" I burst in surprise. My voice was probably too loud which made people at the mall stare at me. "It's not just a normal headphone" Wendy corrected me.

"Then what is it?" I asked her with my arms crossed. Who the heck pays more than $100 for a freaking headphone?

"It's signed by a member from SHINee. I wanted to get ---" I cut her off. "Yes, I know you wanna get Onew's. Am I right?" She nodded to my reply "Because it feels like you're closer to him in some way. Am I right?" Wendy nodded again. I know her too much. "I'll think about it" I said finally ending our conversation. "Anyways, You hungry?" Hoping to change the topic.

"OMO? JINJA? YOU WILL THINK ABOUT IT?" Wendy asked me. Putting her hands on my shoulders and annoyingly shaking it. This fangirl, really. "Yes" I said.

Wendy danced on the side which made me let out a chuckle. "Yah, Hajima (a/n trans: Stop it). People are staring" I told her off. She stopped dancing and soon realized I was right. "Ahh, mian. Unnie, baegopayo (a/n trans: Ahh, sorry. *Unnie refers to older sister* I'm hungry)" Wendy whined. I grabbed her hand and took her to the nearest and cheapest restaurant I could find at the mall.

.............

We left the restaurant and toured around the mall. Oh gosh. I miss the moments wherein I could just go inside a store and get crazy. It's different this time. My sister went to my side and rubbed my shoulder.

"I know, it hurts" Wendy whispered to my ear.

We walked straight ahead and ignored all the stores. Then suddenly I saw someone, someone familiar, someone I would've probably noticed from anywhere "Miyoko!" I called her. She was leaning on a pole near a candy shop. She turned as soon as she had heard her name. I waved and gave her a smile. In return, she gave me a signal to come to her. "Palli (a/n trans: Quickly)" I grabbed my little sister's hand and dragged her to the direction to where Miyoko stood at.

"What brought you here?" I asked my red headed friend. "Nothing. First time seeing you in a mall, what brought YOU here?" She mocked me. It's rare to find me in a mall with friends or whatever, i'm usually at home and if I had to go, Wendy or Miyoko would be with me. "Wanna come with us? In a few minutes we'll be leaving" I asked Miyoko.

For some reason, her eyes widened and gave me a terrified look "What's wrong unnie?" Wendy asked, who stood by my side. "Ah, nothing. O-o-ok-ok. I'll come with you" Miyoko finally said, stuttering.

*3rd Person*

The three went off to grab some ice cream. It was Miyoko's treat. "Hey Wendy" Miyoko called her. "Hm?" She looked to her side. "Is there anything in particular that you want?" The red head asked, licking on her ice cream. "Uh-uhm. Yeah, it's these SHINee signed headphones but --" Again, Wendy's sister steps in. "But it costs more than a hundred dollars" Krystal said. "Where can you buy it?" Miyoko didn't care about the price - AT ALL. "A KPOP store here, it's on the 2nd Floor" Wendy said even pointing her index finger down to show where it is.