Chapter Three - Dreams, Dragons and Making Friends

Copyright (C) 2009 Jenna Elizabeth Johnson

All Rights Reserved

The Legend of Oescienne - The Finding is posted for your reading enjoyment only and not to be reposted anywhere else. Thank you and happy reading!

This novel can also be found on:

Amazon.com: http://www.amazon.com/Legend-Oescienne-Finding-Book-ebook/dp/B002J9HMQA/

Barnes and Noble: http://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/legend-of-oescienne-the-finding-jenna-elizabeth-johnson/1102956351?ean=2940032888543

iTunes: https://itunes.apple.com/us/book/legend-oescienne-finding-book/id488506263?mt=11

Smashwords: https://www.smashwords.com/books/view/107185

Kobo: https://store.kobobooks.com/en-us/ebook/the-legend-of-oescienne-the-finding-book-one

Google Play: https://play.google.com/store/books/details/Jenna_Elizabeth_Johnson_The_Legend_of_Oescienne?id=uWxjCgAAQBAJ&hl=en

CHAPTER THREE

DREAMS, DRAGONS AND MAKING FRIENDS

The mist was always the same, low to the ground but rising quickly as if being brushed up by some mighty, undetectable breeze. He was always there too, a figure shrouded in an emerald, cowled cloak. His behavior seemed restless this time but the only way to tell for sure would be to look at his face. Unfortunately, it was hidden beneath his shadowy hood like always. The stranger stepped forward, slowly cresting the top of the small knoll that marked the boundary of the forest and the small orchard. Sometimes he seemed cautious, sometimes he seemed amused, but he always kept silent, at least that is how Jahrra always perceived him.

As the man stood gazing down at her under the shadow of his cloak, Jahrra could almost feel his eyes locking with hers. She'd always wondered if this strange man was young or old, brutal or kind, dark or fair, but he'd never shown his identity, not once. She wondered if he had black hair or blonde like hers.

She even wondered, with delight, if he was an elf, like the brave elves in the stories her father and Master Hroombra told her. In fact, the only thing she did know about him was that he was tall, much taller than her father and that he never said a single word to her.

Jahrra looked up once more at the stranger hoping to see something of his identity. But he bowed his head ever so slightly, causing Jahrra to wake with a start.

"Jahrra dear, time to get up, breakfast is ready!"

Lynhi stepped into the room a few moments later and looked down at the young girl in slight bewilderment. "Oh my, did you have another bad dream?"

"Oh no, Nida, I was just startled awake is all!" Jahrra replied through a yawn. She often called her mother Nida and her father Pada. She'd been calling them this for as long as . . . As long as I've had that dream. Since forever, she thought.

The dream of the tall stranger had been frightening at first, but when it started recurring Jahrra became less and less fearful of her enigmatic visitor. She couldn't remember the first time it had come to her; all she knew was that every now and then while she slept she would end up in a misty orchard all alone except for her imaginary companion.

"Don't linger too long, your food will get cold and you'll miss the wagon to Master Hroombra's," Lynhi called over her shoulder on her way back downstairs.