Chapter Twelve - Blue Flames and Draggish Words

Copyright (C) 2009 Jenna Elizabeth Johnson

All Rights Reserved

The Legend of Oescienne - The Finding is posted for your reading enjoyment only and not to be reposted anywhere else. Thank you and happy reading!

This novel can also be found on:

Amazon.com: http://www.amazon.com/Legend-Oescienne-Finding-Book-ebook/dp/B002J9HMQA/

Barnes and Noble: http://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/legend-of-oescienne-the-finding-jenna-elizabeth-johnson/1102956351?ean=2940032888543

iTunes: https://itunes.apple.com/us/book/legend-oescienne-finding-book/id488506263?mt=11

Smashwords: https://www.smashwords.com/books/view/107185

Kobo: https://store.kobobooks.com/en-us/ebook/the-legend-of-oescienne-the-finding-book-one

Google Play: https://play.google.com/store/books/details/Jenna_Elizabeth_Johnson_The_Legend_of_Oescienne?id=uWxjCgAAQBAJ&hl=en

CHAPTER TWELVE

BLUE FLAMES AND DRAGGISH WORDS

The weeks following the visit to the Castle Ruin were both fulfilling and frustrating in Jahrra's opinion. First of all, it was thrilling to know the story of the Tanaan king and the missing prince, as tragic as it may be. It seemed like such a tantalizing tale, one that couldn't possibly have happened but one that Hroombra insisted was in fact, true.

Jahrra would spend the evenings by the great hearth in the Ruin's common room, gazing at the flames and running an endless stream of questions through her head. How did the evil king turn the Tanaan into dragons? Did he use magic? Could the curse be broken, and if so, would the Tanaan dragons turn back into humans? Were any of those who were once human still alive? Would the castle return to what it once was if the curse was broken? Jahrra was dying to ask Hroombra, but every time she attempted to bring it up, he simply shook his head and told her he didn't know.

This was beyond frustrating, for she couldn't tell if he was serious or just trying to dodge her questions. Over time, she found herself enduring her unbound curiosity in thoughtful silence, especially when the school year began winding down. Fortunately her preoccupation with the Tanaan legend kept her mind off of the daily torment she faced at school. Ignoring the twins was easier than ever when she had the mystery of the legend of Oescienne on her mind.

This helped during actual school lessons as well. Jahrra took her education seriously, but not her educator. Tarnik's method of teaching math was convoluted and confusing, his grammar lessons could bore a statue to tears, and when it came to Ethoen history and mythology, Jahrra often found herself tempted to launch her pen at him. He never got anything right, often obscuring facts or making heroes out to be twisted or idiotic. Jahrra usually went into daydream mode during his lectures, but one day his lesson was so outrageous she couldn't even lose herself in her own thoughts.

"I wish we didn't have such an awful teacher," Gieaun groaned as they streamed out of the stuffy classroom on their final day of school.

"I know! Claiming dragons are mere figments of our imaginations!" Jahrra was simply flabbergasted and she had

actually laughed out loud in class, earning her thirty minutes detention after school.

"Maybe you should invite him over after school someday. I'm sure he'd love to meet Master Hroombra and discuss his theory."