Chapter Eleven - The Legend of Oescienne

Copyright (C) 2009 Jenna Elizabeth Johnson

All Rights Reserved

The Legend of Oescienne - The Finding is posted for your reading enjoyment only and not to be reposted anywhere else. Thank you and happy reading!

This novel can also be found on:

Amazon.com: http://www.amazon.com/Legend-Oescienne-Finding-Book-ebook/dp/B002J9HMQA/

Barnes and Noble: http://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/legend-of-oescienne-the-finding-jenna-elizabeth-johnson/1102956351?ean=2940032888543

iTunes: https://itunes.apple.com/us/book/legend-oescienne-finding-book/id488506263?mt=11

Smashwords: https://www.smashwords.com/books/view/107185

Kobo: https://store.kobobooks.com/en-us/ebook/the-legend-of-oescienne-the-finding-book-one

Google Play: https://play.google.com/store/books/details/Jenna_Elizabeth_Johnson_The_Legend_of_Oescienne?id=uWxjCgAAQBAJ&hl=en

CHAPTER ELEVEN

THE LEGEND OF OESCIENNE

Jahrra gazed up at her mentor with a blank look on her face. "Humans?" she said disbelievingly.

She thought humans were just a myth, a fairytale like everything else. Had they really once existed, or was this mural just another story? She waited patiently for Hroombra to go on.

"Yes, Jahrra, humans. The king and the queen of this land were human beings."

The old dragon paused, as if to gather the thoughts that churned in his mind like autumn leaves caught in a whirlwind.

"I have a story to tell you now," he continued after some time, "a story that I believe you're finally old enough to hear."

Jahrra sat down upon a piece of crumbled wall and gazed up at him, not believing her luck today. I finally get to come to the Castle Ruin and now new a story?! she thought with delight, trying not to look overly eager.

"Long ago, before even the land of Oescienne existed, the god Ciarrohn was born. He was the youngest son of Ethoes and Haelionn and as he grew he became twisted and evil. He turned the elves against the world, and because of that he was thrown to the earth from the heavens during the great battle with the dragon Traagien.

"Now, I've told you part of this story before, and you know that Ciarrohn's form became the Elornn and the Thorbet mountains, but what you don't know is the story of the people who were brave enough to cross those mountains and settle in the land beyond them, this land."

Hroombra snuck a peek at Jahrra and noticed she was sitting attentively, a gleam of anticipation in her eyes. He smiled slightly and continued on, "This is the story of the Tanaan Tribe, the human race that became the rulers of Oescienne. Their people came into this land when the world was in turmoil, many ages ago after the defeat of Ciarrohn but before Ethoes was able to restore peace. When the Goddess finally divided her world into the present day provinces, she gave this province for them to rule.

"For many years the Tanaan ruled their realm in peace and prosperity. They built this great castle and the people thrived under their fair reign. The Tanaan were happy and knew their world was safe, but as the years passed and one generation took the throne after another, talk of a great evil in the east reached their province.