Chapter Twenty-Two - What Goes Around Comes Around

Copyright (C) 2009 Jenna Elizabeth Johnson

All Rights Reserved

The Legend of Oescienne - The Finding is posted for your reading enjoyment only and not to be reposted anywhere else. Thank you and happy reading!

This novel can also be found on:

Amazon.com: http://www.amazon.com/Legend-Oescienne-Finding-Book-ebook/dp/B002J9HMQA/

Barnes and Noble: http://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/legend-of-oescienne-the-finding-jenna-elizabeth-johnson/1102956351?ean=2940032888543

iTunes: https://itunes.apple.com/us/book/legend-oescienne-finding-book/id488506263?mt=11

Smashwords: https://www.smashwords.com/books/view/107185

Kobo: https://store.kobobooks.com/en-us/ebook/the-legend-of-oescienne-the-finding-book-one

Google Play: https://play.google.com/store/books/details/Jenna_Elizabeth_Johnson_The_Legend_of_Oescienne?id=uWxjCgAAQBAJ&hl=en

CHAPTER TWENTY-TWO

WHAT GOES AROUND COMES AROUND

"Eydeth! Just let us go! What if she's hurt or needs our help?"

The only thing that consumed Scede more than his anger was his fear, but Eydeth and his sister just smirked.

"I said she had to do it alone or no deal," he purred.

"It's been nearly four hours!" Eydeth screamed, his face turning red. "Surely that's long enough! And I don't care anymore, the deal is off!"

Scede stalked off to where Bhun and Aimhe were tied to a sapling, but Eydeth's voice called over the crowd of students still waiting around to learn Jahrra's fate.

"Oh, no you don't. She got herself into this and she can get herself out. No help from her loser friends!"

Scede turned around and glared back at the other boy. Eydeth had called upon his thugs and they were now standing in a semi-circle, blocking off the trail Jahrra had taken earlier that morning.

"You think we're bad now, wait and see what happens to you at school if you try to go after your stupid friend."

Ellysian got up from the giant log she'd been sitting on and moved to stand next to her brother. A few more reluctant girls, who were often seen following her around, joined her. Scede looked over at Gieaun, leaning against a eucalyptus tree so she wouldn't fall over. Ever since Jahrra had disappeared into the woods that morning, she'd grown more and more tense and nervous. Now she was just barely holding on to the little sanity she had left.

Scede secretly cursed his friend for going through with this stupid dare and hoped more than anything that she'd just twisted an ankle or had managed to get lost. He refused to believe she was in any real danger, but he wasn't about to take any chances. Throwing one last glare of hatred in Eydeth's general direction, Scede snatched up Bhun's reins and hopped into the saddle.

"You'd better move unless you want to get trampled!" he shouted to the crowd blocking the path. He meant every word.

Scede looked down at his sister and she stared back, grim faced, but nodded. She hoisted herself up and staggered over to Aimhe who was staring after Bhun in a perplexed manner. Gieaun used an old tree stump to get into the saddle and soon drew her horse up next to her brother's.

"Now, are you going to move or not?" Scede demanded.

"What's the use in going in after her?" Eydeth said, trying to keep the twinge of fear from his voice. "If the witch hasn't captured her then she has most likely died of fright. In fact, that's probably what has happened to her. She saw an old gnarled tree and thought it was the witch and died on the spot! She would be just dumb enough to do something like that!"