Chapter Thirteen - An Unwanted Invitation

Copyright (C) 2009 Jenna Elizabeth Johnson

All Rights Reserved

The Legend of Oescienne - The Finding is posted for your reading enjoyment only and not to be reposted anywhere else. Thank you and happy reading!

This novel can also be found on:

Amazon.com: http://www.amazon.com/Legend-Oescienne-Finding-Book-ebook/dp/B002J9HMQA/

Barnes and Noble: http://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/legend-of-oescienne-the-finding-jenna-elizabeth-johnson/1102956351?ean=2940032888543

iTunes: https://itunes.apple.com/us/book/legend-oescienne-finding-book/id488506263?mt=11

Smashwords: https://www.smashwords.com/books/view/107185

Kobo: https://store.kobobooks.com/en-us/ebook/the-legend-of-oescienne-the-finding-book-one

Google Play: https://play.google.com/store/books/details/Jenna_Elizabeth_Johnson_The_Legend_of_Oescienne?id=uWxjCgAAQBAJ&hl=en

CHAPTER THIRTEEN

AN UNWANTED INVITATION

"I'm not going!" Jahrra growled irritably, crossing her arms in distaste as Hroombra frowned down upon her.

Curse Ellysian! she thought angrily, trying to ignore her mentor's disapproving glare. He can't seriously want me to go, to their house! On Solsticetide Eve!

Jahrra felt herself turning red with fury as she recalled the day before. During the lunch break Ellysian, with all of her usual drama, had announced that her parents were hosting a Solsticetide party which the entire class was invited to attend.

"Classmates, I must make an important announcement on behalf of my mother and father," she'd crooned over the heads of the on-looking children.

Jahrra, Scede and Gieaun stopped what they were doing in their far corner of the yard to look up at the scene.

"My parents are having a grand party for the holiday, and you're all invited to join us."

Ellysian put on her most horribly sweet smile, and Jahrra made a gagging face at Gieaun and Scede who promptly giggled into their hands.

Ellysian looked over to their corner of the yard, narrowed her eyes, and said, "I'd like to remind you, that to mine and my brother's horror, my parents have insisted we invite the whole class, including you three."

The Resai girl spit out the last part of her sentence like it was a foul tasting medicine or some hot liquid that had burnt her mouth. Jahrra immediately stopped giggling and looked up at the vile girl. She glowered at them, purposely not making eye contact, and drew in her lips as if she had just sucked on a lemon. Gieaun and Scede simply stared up at her in surprise. Jahrra actually gaped in shock.

Ellysian pulled her glare away and continued haughtily, "The celebration will take place the day before the Solstice at our home in Kiniahn Kroi. Dress," Ellysian paused and smiled malevolently down at Jahrra, "is formal."

As Ellysian passed around the envelopes containing the information on where to meet and how long the party would last, Jahrra whispered harshly to Gieaun and Scede, "Let's just throw these out when we get them, no point in holding onto them!"

As if waiting for Jahrra to say this, Ellysian piped up once again, "Don't worry if you happen to lose your invitation, my mother has also sent copies by mail."