Chapter Ten - The Castle Ruin

Copyright (C) 2009 Jenna Elizabeth Johnson

All Rights Reserved

The Legend of Oescienne - The Finding is posted for your reading enjoyment only and not to be reposted anywhere else. Thank you and happy reading!

This novel can also be found on:

Amazon.com: http://www.amazon.com/Legend-Oescienne-Finding-Book-ebook/dp/B002J9HMQA/

Barnes and Noble: http://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/legend-of-oescienne-the-finding-jenna-elizabeth-johnson/1102956351?ean=2940032888543

iTunes: https://itunes.apple.com/us/book/legend-oescienne-finding-book/id488506263?mt=11

Smashwords: https://www.smashwords.com/books/view/107185

Kobo: https://store.kobobooks.com/en-us/ebook/the-legend-of-oescienne-the-finding-book-one

Google Play: https://play.google.com/store/books/details/Jenna_Elizabeth_Johnson_The_Legend_of_Oescienne?id=uWxjCgAAQBAJ&hl=en

CHAPTER TEN

THE CASTLE RUIN

Hroombra had been awake from his nap for quite some time now, but his mind was still focused on the images of the past. He took a deep, weary breath and released it with a tinge of smoke. He needed to find Jahrra and the silence outside made him wonder if she had taken Phrym to Wood's End Ranch, but he rose from the stone floor anyway. Perhaps the children had just walked up to the stables. It is time, he reminded himself with a slight shiver as he stepped out into bright daylight. It's time for her to begin to know . . .

He checked the garden first, and to his delight he found the young girl there. She was lying on the stone flagging of her tiny paradise, watching dragonflies skitter across the surface of the pond. He smiled warmly then brushed aside the last dregs of his reticence, "Jahrra, come over here please."

Jahrra turned her head lazily and looked up at her guardian, his massive reptilian face gazing down at her over the garden wall. She smiled as she gazed up at him quizzically. Hroombra often left her alone when she was outside, so she wondered if anything was wrong. Her mentor's tone of voice had been casual, but it had a lingering note to it which held a hundred possible emotions.

"What is it?" she asked without moving.

"You shall see, but if you're thinking about staying right where you are, you'll be severely disappointed."

Now his voice held mischief, and Jahrra knew that he was up to something, something mysterious. She jumped up enthusiastically from where she lay and easily cleared the wall.

"Where have Gieaun and Scede gone so early?" Hroombra asked curiously, his great brow creased in scrutiny. "It's only a few hours past midday."

"They had to go home for riding lessons. I would've gone too, but I wanted to sit in my garden," Jahrra answered matter-of-factly, picking at a daisy growing as high as her garden wall. "I told them I might come over later."

"You little ones, I just can't seem to keep up with you these days." The great dragon shook his head in humor.

"So, where're we going? Should I get Phrym?" Jahrra asked, becoming curious in this sudden venture.

"Oh no, it's just a little over three miles. Let's make it a good walk, shall we?"

"Alright, which way?"