Chapter 29

Enjoy!

Jeremy pulled Chase out his car seat and began walking behind Taylor, who walking up the stairs to the front door. “Taylor, I'm so sorry this happened to you.”

“It's okay, it's not like it's your fault.”

Jeremy kept quiet after that. He felt bad and selfish for hurting her, but he really wanted Chase and Taylor living with him. He knew the outcome from buying the land was that a lot of people would go homeless, but, honestly, he didn't care. That sounds awful, right?

His dad always told him to do things that will benefit himself, no matter who it hurt. To never let others people's problem become his own. That's how Jeremy lived his entire life.

One time, when he went to Target, he hurriedly grabbed the last cart before this old lady. He knew he was only picking up a case of beer, which he could've carried, but he didn't want to. Later, he saw her struggling to hold all the groceries in her small arms. He didn't even feel bad when all her items dropped out of her hands.

Jeremy always parked far away from the store to get a workout, but he never returned his cart, so the poor employees had to walk awhile to get it. Lazy ass.

“What can I do to make you happy?”

“Jeremy, I'm going to be okay. I just want to take a nap.”

Jeremy nodded and watched her fall on the sofa. “You don't want to sleep in my room?”

Taylor shook her head. Jeremy understood she wanted to be alone, so he walked to his office. He had a phone call he had to make.

~*~

“What the fuck, Gregory?!” Jeremy yelled into the phone as soon as his father picked up. Good thing his office is soundproof.

“I'd rather father, but you always do as you wish.”

“Did I ask you to tear that building down?” Jeremy didn't give him a chance to reply. “No!”

“Jeremy all you asked me to do was buy the building, which I did, but you never told me to do anything with it, so I took things into my own hands.” Gregory replied.

“I just wanted you to buy it, so I could figure out a plan to get Taylor to live with me.”

“Well now you don't need one, because she's living with you now, isn't she? See problem solved.”

“She could change her mind any moment.” Jeremy snapped. “I was going to let her get to know me better, since that's what she wanted, and then maybe her chances of moving in with me would have been greater. And then you may do whatever you wish with that damn building, but no, you had to make it so unrealistic.”

“How was that unrealistic?”

“Who else in this city has the money to buy a building and start construction in almost one day? Fuck, Gregory, did you have to put the damn Greyworth sign in the yard?”

“You do have a point and good thing your little baby momma didn't see the sign.” Gregory laughed at himself.

“This is not a laughing situation!” 

“Why didn't you buy that building? It was fairly cheap.”

Jeremy hesitated for a moment. “I'm saving up for something. I actually have goals in my life unlike you.”

“What are you saving for?”

“I'm not telling you, so you can go buy it for yourself.”

Gregory chuckled. “I have everything I could ever want. I wasn't going to buy it for myself. I was to going to buy it for you.”

“No, I feel as if I accomplished something when I save up and buy my own things.”

“I hope it's not another car, Jeremy, I think it's time to say you have enough.”

“No it's not.” Jeremy said.

“Then what is it?”

“I'm not telling you. How many times do I have to say that?”

“You've always been so childish. I'll find out sooner or later. Now onto more important things, the dinner is in less than  week.”

“I know.” Jeremy said. “And I already told you I was going, but if I get pissed off I'm leaving.”

“Why would any of us piss you off?”

Jeremy thought back to Taylor, then looked at Chase in his arms. “Because you might not like my new family.”

“What is there that isn't to like?” Gregory asked. “Chase is a very adorable baby.”

“Of course he's adorable. He looks exactly like me.”

“You've always been stuck up, Jeremy.”

“This conversation is now boring. I'm going to hang up now.” Jeremy said.

“Wait, why don't you bring Taylor and Chase over today? All of your siblings are here now.”

“No.” Jeremy said, blatantly. “You guys are boring. Kevin is going to continue to threaten me, Carly is just going to brag about all the shit you've bought her, and David is always teaming up with Kevin to harass me.”

“They don't harass you.”

“Yes they do. They've always been jealous of me, because I'm the only one who actually achieved in life.”

“Well, your mother wants to see you and the baby. Jeremy, we haven't seen you in almost a month.”

“I don't care.”

Gregory attitude completely changed from sweet to authority. “Your mother wants to see you, so I want you down here in the next hour.”

After saying that he hung up, Jeremy wanted to send back a nasty reply, but he hung up before he could.

“Damnit.” Jeremy said to himself, before throwing his phone on his desk. He pulled Chase to his chest and kissed his forehead. “The big bad wolf wants to hurt your daddy.”

Jeremy walked back downstairs to see Taylor knocked out on the sofa. He was debating whether or not to test his father. He glanced back at Taylor, not wanting to wake her up.

“I guess it's just gonna be you and I, Chase.”

VOTE.COMMENT.SHARE