TEN

Salvador

                It had been about three weeks since Ollie and I got together and I was actually excited to go to school now. I actually woke up early and everything, showering and getting dressed quickly before running out of my room and out of my door, grabbing whatever Mina had cooked before making my way to Ollie’s house. Today was a particularly exciting day, because after three weeks of listening to Ollie sing for me I finally decided to tell him to be our singer. I was so nervous and excited at the same time. I got ready in record time that morning, grabbing a toast before running over to Ollie’s. Once there I smoothed down my clothes and calmed my breathing down before ringing the door.

                And there he was, looking gorgeous and perfect like he always did. I smiled at Ollie, almost tempted to kiss him right here in front of his door but instead I grabbed his hand and laced our fingers together. I loved doing that and Oliver seemed to like it as much as I did. We always walked to school like that, with our hands laced together, and I no longer tried to stop the stupid smile that spread my lips. How did I ever live without him, I didn’t know. Right then I remembered that today I was finally going to talk to him about trying as our new vocalist. I reluctantly let go of his hand and got a few steps in front of him turning to face him and walking backwards.

“You have to come to band practice today.”

“What? I would love to go but what do you mean I have to?”

“Well because you’re the answer to our prayers.”

“What do you mean? Sal, you really shouldn’t do that. You can’t see where you’re going.”

“You’re our new vocalist. And I don’t need to see where I’m going, I just need to know where I’ve been.”

“What? No way. I can’t sing.”

“Of course you can, you’ve been singing for me for about a month straight.”

“Singing for you is one thing, Sal, but singing in a band is another one completely.”

“No it’s not, you just have to focus on me and imagine you’re singing for me.”