SIXTEEN

Salvador

                It was all too much suddenly. Me standing up to Brent even though I knew he would most probably send me to the hospital, then everyone around us standing up for me and being completely normal and supportive about me. I knew what Ollie must’ve felt like that first time he singed for the guys. I was this close to come apart at the seams, every part of my body shook as Ollie held me. Everything I believed was a lie, could’ve been a lie for years now, things could’ve been different if I had just said that I was mute earlier. Maybe I could’ve saved myself from so much pain and so much suffering.

“Don’t think of what could’ve been and concentrate on what is,” Ollie whispered into my ear.

                Of course he knew, he was always able to know what I was thinking and feeling. I took a deep breath, silencing my thoughts and felt my body slowly stop shaking until there was only a small tremble left. I tried to pull away completely but Ollie only let me get a little distance between us, never letting me go, knowing that I really needed his touch right now. I smiled at him and pulled him down to give him a gentle kiss. When he pulled back he gave me one of his true smiles.

“Alright?” He asked his voice sounding huskier than ever and I knew I was going to kill Em for doing this to him.

                I nodded and we started walking to the music classroom. Once we entered everyone turned to look at us and as usual Em turned to glare at us.

“Has there ever been a day when you’re on time?” She asked her voice sounding a little better but not quite there yet.

“Maybe?” I shrugged like I didn’t care just because I wanted to piss her off.

                She glared at me before turning to speak to Ollie.

“I don’t want you to be a single minute late today,” she said glaring.

“I don’t think I can sing,” Ollie said and I knew it was torture to speak.

“What the hell happened to your voice?” Em asked, looking surprised.