Chapter 18 ~ Wanna join the pool with me ?

AN :  If you are liking this story press : VOTE

Chapter 18 :
“I am so pleased to see you here ! For a moment I was getting scared that you wouldn’t come !”

Malfoy and I got out of the snow, since it was December, and hurried ourselves inside to be welcomed warmly by his mother. She went over to her son to pull him in a tight hug as soon as she saw him and then she did the same to me.

“Can you please show Alice around Draco ? I have some urgent business that I need to take care of immediately” Narcissa asked her son. She was ever so friendly and warm that it made me wonder how Draco could be so cold, mean and annoying.

“Sure” he muttered, not wanting to go against his mother’s wishes. He called for two house elfs to take our luggage upstairs and ordered me to follow him. The house elfs looked so small and fragile that I doubted they would handle such weight so I proposed to take them myself. Draco had only rolled his eyes at me, which wasn't any different from usual, and told me how stupid I was. After me scowling at him he explained that they could use magic as well so they wouldn’t literally be carrying our bags.

The tour around his house started in the kitchen where we were currently at. Narcissa was sitting at a dining table, scanning quickly through the daily profet for any important updates. He lead me through many rooms, all of them grand and richly decorated. You could see they were wealthy people, and that they wanted other people to notice. The main color around the house was green, something I had already noticed the last time I was here. It wasn’t really a surprise since every single Malfoy had been in Slytherin.

I’d definitely get lost in this house. I followed him upstairs where he opened a door and waited for me to go in. I wasn’t really used to this gentleman like behavior but went inside anyway, raising an eyebrow at him before I did.

“Here is your bedroom, the bathroom is at the end of the corridor. If you need me…well I guess that you still know where my room is…” he said, keeping his voice cold. He tried so hard to be indifferent but I could clearly see that he waited for me to say my opinion. With a final smirk he turned around and left me alone I started unpacking and hanging my clothes in the closet. This was going to be interesting for sure.

I wasn’t left alone for a long time as one of the house elfs came to get me for dinner. They were yet again surprised that I acted friendly to them. It made me wonder how the Malfoy family treated their house elfs but that wasn’t something I wanted to think about.

Dinner was great and as expected Narcissa asked a lot of questions. Mostly about the ball and our ‘friendship’, which was like nonexistent. Draco didn’t say a word and let us do all the talking. Though I wasn’t under the impression that he was particularly bored he sure did his best to make it seem like he was.

“Draco” Narcissa tried to get his attention.

“Hmm ?” was his only response.

“What will you and Alice do tonight ?” she asked friendly.

“I have business to take care of, I am certainly not doing anything with her.”

“You will not let her be alone tonight do you understand me young man ?” she turned sternly.

“Fine” he muttered, giving in.

After dinner we went our separate ways though. I didn’t know what his business were, but they made him look so tired and exhausted. The thing I did that night to entertain myself was learning new spells. Dumbledore had said that it was extremely important for me to learn a lot. And with being Harry’s sister that made total sense.