Chapter 21 ~ An unexpected friendship

AN : I want to give a special thank you to every single one of that has read my story !! And a double extra extra thank you for the ones that vote and leave comments ! They make me really happy and inspire me to update faster ! I had a little writersblock and some trouble writing this chapter so I'm not sure how it came out but I do hope that you still like...Please give your opinion on what's good and what's bad cause I'm not so sure what to think about this one ! I did want to write a book where Pansy is not trying to be with Malfoy all the time as you read so often. People always see her as a mean person but I just think she's misunderstood.

Anyways, enjoy !

Chapter 21 :

Pansy was definitely the last person I expected to run in to, the fact that she and I were both crying made it even more awkward. Everybody was always saying how mean she was but I never actually spoke to her in person.

I didn’t realize that I was staring at her in complete shock but I could tell that she was just as shocked as I was. She was waiting for me to say something mean and I was waiting for her to say something mean. When she saw that we were equally shocked she relaxed a little and went back inside. I saw that we were in a girls bathroom which was, luckily, deserted.

I went over to a wall and let myself slide to the floor burying my face in my hands, sobbing softly. A few minutes later I heard Pansy coming over, she sat next to me, silent tears rolling down her cheeks. We didn’t say anything to each other. We just sat next to each other, comforting without any words. After a long time we stood up and both went our own ways to our common rooms, still without saying one word. Well, that was certainly interesting.

It would still take Luna and Harry several days to come back so I was all alone. There were some students in the common room but I didn’t know any of them. Actually there was one guy I knew but I did my best to avoid him since it was Michael Corner and he was always staring at me. When I managed my way past him I hurried myself into my room and locked the door. On my bed was my trunk with all my clothes just as Narcissa had told me. I sighed and started unpacking everything, just to keep myself busy. My hands trembled a little when I came across the broomstick that Malfoy had given me for Christmas. As I thought of him my chest was filled with pain again. It hurt so much yet I longed for him to be near me and to hold me again.

Voldemort…in his house ? Along with all the deatheaters ? I couldn’t help myself but get worried over him. Of course it wasn’t his fault that his father was a notorious deatheater and that he was in all this mess but it still hurt. I knew I had to stay away from him from now on. For a couple of days I had actually thought that there could be something between us but honestly…who was I kidding ? It was probably for the best if I shut these feelings down before I would fall any harder for him. I didn’t know what else to do so I just went to bed early, feeling bad for myself. I had never had a boyfriend in my life, nor had I ever liked someone until now. And I had to fall for the worst possible boy didn’t I ?

The next day must have been one of the most boring days of my life. I spent my day reading and making homework in the library. I was just in the middle of some transfiguration homework when I felt something on my back but when I looked behind me there was nothing there. My gaze fell on a wrinkled piece of paper on the ground that wasn’t there before. I unfolded it and resisted the urge to roll my eyes. I was not in the best mood and this was only irritating me.

Loveliest Alice,

I didn’t want to disturb you while you’re studying but my feelings are just screaming to get out. I can only hope that you think about me as often as I think about you (which is all the time). I fall more in love with you every day !