Chapter 1: First times.

The part in bold+italics is Nandu's flashback.. :) 

"So here we are ! Space academy." Navya exclaimed like an excited kid on the first day of school, while I just stood there looking at the huge college in front of me. It was a science college basically which provided scope for enhancing co curricular activities , particularly music as well. Both of us had managed to get an admission into this college. A particularly renowned college and Navya couldn't be happier. I was...just okay. I don't know, ever since I came to India I hadn't been feeling too well about some odd things. Mumbai didn't give me good vibes and this college, I felt was a start of something major..negative or positive, I didn't know.. Shoving all my thoughts aside, I decided to concentrate on completing my education rather than anything else.

"You're excited na?" Navya asked me in a hopeful tone.

I smiled as genuinely as I could and she gave me a side hug. God, please help me.

"Cabir !!!!!" Navya shouted and ran to a medium height guy and took him into a tight hug. Oh yes, Cabir. Her family friend. I had spoken to him on skype a couple of times. He was really good friends with Navya, and apparently he belonged to the core group of this college too.

Navya and Cabir took swift steps towards me and Cabir took me into another hug, which I least expected from him. He always seemed to be the introvert type who hardly mingled with people who weren't close to him , so this gesture came as a shock to me.

"You look more beautiful in reality !" He complimented me, and I couldn't help but smile in satisfaction. I liked it when people complimented me, but each compliment said to me reminded me of him, and my broken heart.

"You're the prettiest girl in this party Nandu !" He took me into a side hug. It was our farewell and we were being promoted to high school. A bunch of eighth graders as we were, but still belonging to one of the most renowned schools of Mumbai. Blood rushed to my cheeks as I heard him say that.. Him.. Never had I ever imagined that someone like him would become the center of my existence at thirteen. I had so badly fallen for him at that tender age that I could see only him in my dreams, and wanted to see him more in reality. Apart from studies, my world revolved around him.

"Thanks." I had said to him. Every time, around him I felt jittery. I had a wave of happiness through me, an unknown satisfaction... around him, and till date no one had really managed to make me feel that satisfied, happy. I was stuck on my past, which refused to get away from my head.

I looked at Navya whose expression turned pale after his compliment for me . Did she like this guy? She hadn't mentioned to me about it.

"Thanks." I replied to Cabir.

"Come I'll show you around the college.." Cabir dragged Navya towards himself and asked us to follow him.

The college was really huge. Quite impressive I must say. The canteen was posh and the classes, looked mostly empty but some sincere students still sat and studied obediently. We were walking through the corridor, when I saw a narrow door kind of thing, leading to some place. Cabir and Navya walked ahead of me, so I decided to take a look into the narrow gateway. I peeped through the tiny opening, behind which was a set of stairs, and saw him, for the first time.

He was sitting on one of the stairs with his palms clenched into fists, further on which his chin was supported, and was staring into nothingness. His face was blank, he seemed be deep in thought. Who was he ? And why did he look so impassive ?

Manik:

I hurt Alya. I hurt her a lot. More than being my girlfriend I had been friends with her for so long, and now when I think of it, it all seems so wrong.