Chapter 15: Scattered Pieces

Here you go with a short recap :

Manik and Nandini are two broken college going students. While Manik is still dealing with his love which by the way has been lost, Nandini has got her much deserved closure and has closed that particular chapter of her past. Nandini has begun to feel a little attached and a little more secure near Manik but she sees things that Manik doesn't, about himself. She has made peace with the fact that she can trust him . Now aageeee :

--

I didn't realize why and for how long I was staring at the person who wasn't even Manik. That, I realized after someone gave me a strong jerk and I blinked my eyes twice to look at the person right next to me. It wasn't Manik. It was some random guy.

"Hey girls !" I heard Cabir's voice. I turned to face only to see him accompanied by Manik. Was I again imagining or was it really him? I rubbed my eyes to get a clear view.

It was Manik and I was NOT imagining. Thank goodness.

"Where were you Cabir ?" Navya asked. I sensed little tension in her tone which was kinda queer. I really thought she had feelings for Cabir just that she never admitted it.

"Group discussion tha !" He said. "Our band...."

Oh yeah the eccentric fab four which had no clue of its members at all.

"So what have you guys decided ?" Navya asked.

"We haven't decided anything. We just know that Alya isn't coming back just like Dhruv and thats about it. Honestly, jitna time I have known Alya na, I can 100% say she's extremely immature."

Manik rolled his eyes at Cabir. What kind of a guy is he ? Doesnt he understand that what he has for Alya isn't love but only a feeling of her filling up the empty void in his life. Its not love.

"What ? Bro now stop with your Alya jaap okay. You'll.." Cabir probably had anticipated his reaction and was ready with an answer.

Manik stopped him in the middle. Why ?

"Enough with it Cabir. I'm tired of listening to your rant."

"Manik you need to move on.."

"And you need to stop telling me this."

"You're making things complicated. Whereas in reality they're not."

"Hello ? Guys? Hum bhi yaha hai !" Navya broke in the middle so that they could turn their concentration towards her.

"Haan Navya ji pata hai ! Aapki presence kaafi evident hai. Iss devdas ko samjhana is just hopeless though !"

I chuckled and Manik glared at me. I had a different perspective towards his story and I had told my point of view to him only to receive a very crass reaction. Now I was going to keep my mouth zipped. He was a nice guy and I felt good around him but that was just about me , not him. Maybe he would understand his feelings with time, maybe ?

But seriously ! Why did I even care about his so called love .... It was his life his decisions, and he knew what was best for him.. Maybe he really loved Alya, maybe ?

My alarm buzzed. It was 4 pm already ! Time for work.

"Guys, I gotta go. Need to go to the cafe so we'll talk later ! "

Cabir and Navya were indulged in some verbal spat as usual and Manik was trying to console them ! Maybe he can take care of his life and leave the rest to do what they want to ! Cabir and Navya always fought over skype . It was their tradition.