Chapter 19

As he drove to the college with me sitting right next to him, I couldn't really help but feel overwhelmed. I was pretty sure he wasn't like Madhyam. He was way better than Madhyam had ever been for my heart seemed to get along with his like never before. He was someone whom I could confide in despite spending little time with and without feeling the need to fall even a little apart because there was something that kept attracting me more towards him each day.

"So, we're here." Manik said as we reached the college. I saw Navya and Cabir standing just outside bickering over something. After Manik was done parking, he made sure to be pretty chivalrous and open the door for me. I walked out and we went towards Cabir and Navya.

"Hey guys." I said . I tried sounding happy because I actually was.

"Hey Nandini. You look beautiful." Navya said and gave me a friendly hug. She looked pretty as well, in a red colored off shoulder gown. Cabir held her waist firmly and pulled her towards himself, as if the distance between them was already not less enough.

"She's not going anywhere." Manik giggled and Cabir could just smirk. Being in a relationship had changed him if not by a great deal, at least a little.

"Umm I guess all of us should go in now.. " Navya said and I agreed. Manik held my hand , unexpectedly and we walked in, hand in hand, followed by Navya and Cabir. A moment of eye lock did occur between Manik and I when he held my hand but he turned his eyes soon enough leaving me really surprised and happy.

I had these jitters, once more, once his warm fingers entwined with mine. These kind of feels were among the lot that had never been there for me before, ever before he happened , and it felt euphoric. Maybe I couldn't really give a definite name to what I felt for him but deep down I guess I knew I was falling for him.. pretty hard.

"So, make yourself feel comfortable Nandini. You need a drink ?"

I shook my head.

"So what are they exactly going to do here?" I asked. Cabir and Navya were somewhere away , probably talking or dancing. Manik and I stood away from the crowd in the hall, while he had a drink.

"Nothing, we just spend time here and they're going to announce the rose king and queen real soon and then everyone gets to dance of course."

"So any idea who is going to be the rose king and queen this year?" I asked although I thought I already knew the answer..Manik had so many roses and I had none except for the one he gave me..He was the undefeated rose king.

"Honestly it doesn't really matter to me." He said, and once he did, there was an announcement made by the anchor about the rose king and rose queen. He was going to announce who had won the titles pretty soon , and I was actually kinda looking forward to the awardees.

"So the rose queen award goes to....hold your breaths everyone...." The anchor said and Manik pretended to imitate the person. I giggled. He was more likely mocking the anchor as if every year the same person won the particular title.

"Alya Saxena !" He said and Manik mocked that too.

"What's holding the breath in that? Alya wins it every single year." Manik shrugged and I gave him a look. Barring her character and everything, looks wise she was really pretty and flamboyant. She truly deserved it if looks were the one and only criteria to determine the true beholder of the rose queen title.

Alya , in her short pink off shoulder dress went over to the stage as she bowed down and host made her wear a tiara.

"This happens every year Nandini." He said. "Nothing new."

"Who do you think is gonna win the rose king award?" I asked.

"We do have better things to talk about, don't we?" He looked down at me. I was still shorter than him although I was wearing heels.