Chapter 7: He is a total mess !

Nandini:

I went back to the music room a couple of minutes after Manik left. There, I saw the entire music band along with Navya. As soon as I entered Navya gave me a questioning look but my eyes went to Manik. Why did I tell that to him ? I hardly shared personal stuff with people, then why him ?

He looked back at me and then immediately broke the eye contact within a fraction of seconds, while my thoughts were disturbed by Navya. That was enough cue for me to remember the conversation that we had sometime back. They say first impression is the last impression but my first impression of Manik was that of a very bechara guy who deserves empathy, but no he was egoistic and a bipolar person who didn't know what he wanted. How could he just walk out of the place and leave me thinking all by myself ? I immediately made up my mind not to like this guy and definitely not show any empathy towards him. He didn't deserve it because of his bipolar behavior.

"Where were you ? It was so weird to see you just leave." Navya asked me.

"I had to go use the washroom Navya." I replied honestly. What had Manik said ? I wanted to know that though.

"You know, it was kinda queer. Manik left immediately after you did." She looked at me suspiciously and I knew to what tangent she was taking this conversation too.

"Where did he go ?"

"He said he went to receive a call. Outside.."

What a lame and predictable excuse. But, it was still bothering me as to why he came to check on me at the washroom, and Ladies washroom ? Seriously ? How weird is he !

"I think we should go Navya. " I said helplessly. His band was practising and no way would anyone like being disturbed or continuously watched over during practice session. Not that I was interested to stay there and watch them practice, especially when he was around.

"No way ! Cabir asked us to stay back." She muttered, still engrossed in what the band was doing.

"Navya please !" I said this time a little louder and everyone else glared at me. Cabir gave me a questioning look and I didn't know what to say. I made an excuse that I had something else to do and pick some stuff up for my new home and that I needed Navya for it.

Jatin uncle was our neighbour in the united states and he had happily agreed to let me stay at his home in Mumbai. The place was very near to the college and I , for a matter of fact very well knew that I would have to work and take care of the entire house all by myself but I was prepared. I had already got a job at a nearby cafe and was going to join in from today.

"What stuff?" Navya enquired. I knew she found my story unbelievable but I didn't want to stay in that room. That guy was capable of AFFECTING ME. Mukti and Alya couldn't care less . Manik didn't even look at me and I was angry yet again. Because he didn't pay heed to what I was saying and instead doing something else ! What was wrong with me?

"Navya chalo yaha se tum don't ask me questions !" I said giving Manik an angry glare for the last time. He didn't respond, rather I could see him finally turning towards me, looking confused regarding why I was pissed at him, but first day with him and he had already managed to get on my nerves ! Bas aur nahi baat karni usse ! Do hell with empathising and knowing his dukh bhari kahaani !

I didn't storm out of the room. Instead, I walked out followed by Navya and heard Manik saying 'forget it guys, let's just continue , immediately after which something compelled me to look back at him and as I did that I saw his eyes already fixed on me. He immediately turned around and started tuning his guitar as if nothing had happened.

Well yes, I didn't care, rather I didn't want to care.

---

"What's wrong with you Nandini ? Why did you behave like this ? Kitna bura laga hoga unhe !" Navya whined as we left the music room.