Chapter 14: Closure And A New Beginning.

"Someone has grown beautiful over the years !" That idiot spoke with a fascinated expression on. More than feeling weak , I felt ashamed ! Ashamed of him ! Ashamed of falling for someone as conscienceless as him ! Was he devoid of basic consciousness ? Or did playing with a girl's feelings mean everything to him ?

"Leave me !" I protested. I tried freeing myself from his grip but he didn't let me , his fingers were inappropriately clutching my wrist in the worst possible way and I wanted him to let go off .

"Nandini, I wanted to talk to you yesterday..really important."

"But I don't !!" I replied back , trying to infuse all the possible hatred.

"Nandini please ! You have no idea how much I longed for you. That day you just left, you left without saying anything to me ..do you know how much I missed you ?"

I didn't respond. I had stopped protesting. Suddenly a familiar fear engulfed me. I felt weak in my knees ! The same way, I did , when I had first seen him. He had appeared no less than the school heartthrob, his charisma was hypnotic, enough to sweep any girl off her feet..and the way he looked at me, when he had first asked me out, goddamn it ! I still can't forget it.

Madhyam continued blabbering sweet nothings whilst my mind traveled back to the exact point in our relationship when he made me feel no less than a princess. He gifted me my favorite chocolates on valentines, teddies on my birthdays, a scrapbook which consisted of all our memories ! Everything that made me feel like the most loved girl in the world. Things were special to me then.

Suddenly , his voice echoed on my ears.

"My feelings for you are still there Nandini. They never died." He said, and that was it.

"Nandu, do my homework na !"

"Nandini sweety, proxy laga do na aaj ke class ke liye."

"Nanduu I'm going for football practice, please make some excuse at the tuition for me sweetheart."

"Nandini baby, 5th question ka answer batao na?"

"Nandini you love me na ? Itna bhi nahi karogi mere liye?"

"Nandini , Soha is waiting ! Just give me some time I'll be back, can't keep her waiting sweety." Ugh. Him and his lame excuses to meet Soha.

There was a reason I believed I was a different version of Nandini now. The new and improved version having the one thing which I probably lacked in the past. Self respect. He never respected my feelings , and I was clear regarding this. He just made me feel special and more special during the initial days of our relationship to make me take him seriously, and then he started taking his chances. After a particular point, I was taken for granted. He could go anywhere he wanted to, talk to any girl he wanted to , do anything he wanted to, ask me for any number of favors and I would happily help him, without expecting anything in return and he would continue doing whatever he liked ! Is this what respect is ? Could I really say he respected me ? More like, he took advantage of the fact that I was so sweet to him.

He should have been the last person to talk about feelings because he was devoid of any. I was disgusted at him. Did I really fall for such a brainless, spineless human ? How could I be so foolish to ever fall into his trap and consider him to be one of my biggest blessings while I was in school ? How could I just be with him and not see through him?

"Nandini I seriously care for you. I was worried when you didn't turn up the next day. We don't deserve staying away from each other."

Worried my foot.