Chapter 2: He Is In Pain Too

Cabir led us to the principal's room, to finish the formalities. Officially we were in, but we had to do a couple of stuff before we could actually start attending the classes.

As we entered the principal's cabin, we saw a woman a flamboyant woman of about 35 yelling at the ...umm principal?

"What do you mean by everything hasn't been finalised yet ? The event is in two days, and we are the hosts ! Stop giving me such lame excuses Mr.Agarwal. " She said, more like yelled. Her tone was classy. She looked from a rich background and the way she dressed up, she looked totally from the business background.

"We're sorry Mrs.Malhotra for the inconvenience. We will try to get everything done by tomorrow."

The woman had a snooty expression on her face which turned even more crass when the principal said this to her.

"Try? There's no room for trying. I want everything to be finalized until tomorrow." She said in an authoritative tone and walked towards the door. Basically towards me and Navya and went out without even glancing at us.

Principal sir looked a little upset and tired. He sighed in disappointment and that's when his eyes caught us.

"Ohh, Nandini Murthy and Navya Naveli? New students right? Come in please..."

Manik:

"Cabir, I have decided not to get involvef with anyone, at least until I get a job after college. " I announced my decision to my brother like best friend. After a lot of thinking, I had decided to stay away from relationships. He was right. I had been such a huge jerk to Alya and to every other girl I had dated that now guilt was taking over me. My heart was broken so badly this time that I was in no mood to give myself in to any girl again. At least not before five years. Relationships aren't my thing. I knew I couldn't commit, as of now.

Cabir looked at me in shock

"What ? I mean it, seriously. I won't date anyone. Like you said.." I really wished I could stick to my decision.

"Fine then. Good for you."

I can bet that Cabir didn't believe me when I said this. I couldn't believe myself either. Now I was prepared not to involve my heart into any girl. I was going to focus on my music and my career after that. That's it.

We were sitting in the class, doing absolutely nothing.. I was trying to pen down a song for our band's performance for an opening act for an event that our college was hosting after two days.

Oh yes, the band. Manik, Cabir, Mukti, Alya. The four of us comprised of a single band. Earlier Dhruv was a part of it too, but that one day changed everything. We were called the fab 4. The core gang of the college and there was Nh3, with the three- Harshad, aryamann and Shahid. Our potential rivals but neither of us considered them to be a threat because we used to win competitions each and every time. Dhruv just left our band after that one day. It had been a pretty long time to that incident. We did try convincing him to get back but he wasn't interested. After many days of trying, both Mukti and Cabir asked me to stop trying and although I still had hope that he would return, I found chances of that happening absolutely nil as now my ex girlfriend was dating him.

Coming back to Alya, the fab 4 didn't have a proper practice after my break up with Alya. That was day before yesterday..I didn't even know how I was going to face her after everything that had happened between us. It would be a-w-k-w-a-r-d. But I didn't even think she wanted to give a damn to the situation. She was with Dhruv. I had seen her and Dhruv kissing each other in the canteen. Ugh. My ex-best friend happily making out with my ex-girlfriend. Nothing could be better. Absolutely nothing.