8: Envy

Sorry for the late update :(

I've realised that I made a mistake between Chapter 6 and 7. In 6, Louis tells Jessica to meet him after school, but that never happens. It was supposed to happen in 7, but I forgot. Basically the same thing that happened in 7 was planned, except instead of going to the ice cream shop on Saturday, they went after school. I can't be stuffed changing it right now so yeah

Enjoy!

---------------------------------------------------------------------

The school gate was dusted with ice and eerie fog surrounded the large school buildings. After Saturday, the weather had gone from unseasonably warm, to Antarctic temperature. I pulled my blazer a little closer to my chest. You’d think that wearing two singlet tops, a shirt, a jumper, a blazer and a scarf would be enough to keep me warm. Obviously I had been proven wrong.

             Everyone was hurrying inside to escape the cold and be welcomed by the comfort of indoor heating. In the building, most of the younger students were huddled up to different heaters in an attempt to heat themselves up. But me being in 6th form, got to go to the exclusive lounge. I’d never been up there before, but I heard it was a popular spot for before school, between classes and free periods. I had my first free period this afternoon, and spending it in the lounge didn’t seem like such a bad idea.

            Geography was my first class of the day, so when I got to my locker the first thing I did was fish out my rather large Geography textbook as well as a notepad and pencil case. I didn’t even shoot a single glance to my left to see if Louis was also gathering his books, I just wanted to get inside the 6th form lounge as soon as possible.

            “In a hurry, are we?” asked a voice which could only belong to that blue eyed boy I had mentioned earlier.

            “I need to get to the 6th form lounge before I fucking freeze.” I said quickly before briskly walking down the corridor towards the lounge

“Hey, wait up! I want to come too.” He said before catching up with me with a maths textbook in hand.

*                                                        *                                                          *

            It seemed as if the entire 6th form were in the upstairs lounge. Every seat was occupied, resulting in people resorting to the floor. A large crowd of students surrounded the heater to warm their hands, and the hot chocolate machine was in full use.

            Looking around, I noticed a few familiar faces. Marietta, Cameron and Elizabeth sat on three armchairs in the far left corner. Freya sat next to Colin - the guy from the penalty shootout – on a loveseat. From their closeness I assumed they were going out. Oliver, Lucas, Stan, Jonah and Geoff had claimed a table by the heater. Jasper and his mates, causing trouble, as expected. And Ella, sat on a large table beside the hot chocolate machine, surrounded by a mixed gender group who all appeared to be laughing at some gag.

            As Louis and I entered through the doors beside each other, I noticed a particular pair of green eyes, fixated on us. It was Ella, of course. She’ll probably scold me later for being within ten inches of Louis.

            “I’m just gonna get some hot chocolate.” I told Louis before heading towards the machine, where a long queue was brewing

            “Ooh, get me one!” he requested enthusiastically as I left his side

            The queue moved pretty quick, but not quick enough for my liking. I wanted to get as far away as I could from Ella, because being close to her made me uneasy. After what happened last week, I was slightly afraid that she would pin me to the ground and pull my hair for being around her boyfriend. While everyone else was quick, the guy in front of me seemed to be taking an eternity. After what seemed like a million years, I left the hot chocolate machine with two cups of warm brown liquid in hand, in search of Louis. He was by his friends, sitting on the table as there were no more seats left surrounding it. I gripped the two cups firmly as I made my way over there.