19: A Familiar Stranger

the song kind of relates to ella. kind of. 

idk tbh just read it

---------------------------------

“Wait, how do you work out the distance between two points again?”

            “It’s that formula with all those ‘x’s and ‘y’s and that long square root symbol--“

            “You’re going to have to be more specific.”

            I drowned out the mathematical conversation going on between Elizabeth and Marietta to focus more on the fact that Louis was eyeing me from the other end of the sixth form lounge. I quirked my eyebrow up, wondering why he’d hailed for my attention.

            “Hey.” he mouthed as his friends continued to remain oblivious to the fact that he’d stop listening to them quite some time ago. He rested his chin on the palm of his hand and gazed at me with adoring eyes, which I mirrored.

            “Hi?” I mouthed back, still a little confused. I cocked my head to the side and knitted my brow.

            He then went on to mouth something incoherently, finishing his sentence with a thumbs up.

            “What?” I mouthed back, tilting my head even further

            “Never mind.” he whispered back, proceeding to give me those intensely admiring eyes which triggered a feeling of warmth to spread.

            “Who are you looking at?” Elizabeth questioned all of a sudden, breaking my trance.

            “Nobody.” I replied far too quickly for her to believe there was any trace of truth in my words. I snapped my eyes to the Geography textbook in front of me while she followed my old line of vision.

            “Louis Tomlinson?” she questioned. I shot a swift glance at him and saw that he’d also returned his attention to the textbook in front of him. So to Elizabeth, it would’ve appeared as if I’d been aimlessly and helplessly staring at him, when in fact he once was watching me too “Jess, how many times must I remind you? He’s been going out with Ella Finchley for over a year. They’re one of the longest running couples at Hall Cross. You have to try to get over him. You know, I was at my cousin’s house the other day and he had this friend over. Matthew, I think his name was. But anyway, he was quite fit and well, you know, I could see if I could uh, set up a little meeting between the two of you--“ she wiggled her eyebrows, but I interrupted her suggestion immediately

            “No!” I protested in a harsh whisper.

            “He sort of looks like Louis, now that I think about it--“

            “Seriously, no. I’m not interested.” I finalised by crossing my arms over my chest. Even if Louis and I didn’t have a thing for each other I would’ve refused. Because while this ‘Matthew’ may have resembled Louis, I doubted he would overall come close to the real thing. Louis truly was one in a million, as cliché as it sounds. But that didn’t matter -- Because I did have the real thing. Well, soon I would anyway.

            At the end of the day I stood at my locker and piled all the resources I’d need for tonight’s homework into my bag. Two doors down stood Louis, who did the same. I had a fair load of work to get through that night, which was evident in the weight of my bag when I threw it over my shoulder.