Chapter 2 - Stuck in the moment [Justin Bieber Love Story]

I stood impatiently at the reception desk, playing with a loose button on my cardigan. Mia sat on one of the chairs off to the side, resting her head in her hands. I frowned seeing her right arm, stitches went up from her wrist to her elbow. 
“When do you get those stitches out?” 
She cleared her throat, “I’m not sure...when the doctor calls, I guess.” I nodded at her response and then turned back to the desk, the receptionist returning to her seat. 
“Can I help you?” She asked, looking up. 
Is she serious? What do I reply? ‘Nah, I was just standing here for nothing, I’m glad you took your time’ 
But no, I wasn’t a bitch. 
“Yes, Uh, Could you tell me what room Matt Ross is in?”
The lady looked back at her computer and started typing away, leaving me waiting impatiently once again. 
“Room 206” 
I gave her a small smile and thanked her before walking down the corridor to go find his room, un aware if I was even heading the right direction. It would have been nice if she had told me...
I checked the time on my iphone; we had been looking for 12 minutes now. 
“Where is this room?” 
“203...204...” Mia begun to count, looking at the doors. 

Finally, we came across room 206 where Matt was. I opened it quietly and stepped in. There he was, hooked up to machines, motionless. Your eyes began to water as you looked at him. He had broken many bones and had scratches all over him. I took a few small steps over to his side and kissed his cheek. 
“Stay strong” I whispered into his right ear. 
There was a quiet knock at the door and I looked up, taking my attention away from Matt. 
“Visiting hours are over” The nurse informed me. 
I frowned, “Can I have one more minute?”
She nodded, “Make it quick” 
I turned back to Matt and started to say goodbye. I spend over 10 minutes looking for the room and I get one whole minute with him, 60 seconds. I spent most of my time with Matt, now what will I do? Who knows how long he will be in a coma for, they can last for years... 
I got up and walked out of the room, Mia shot a smile at me as if to say ‘he will be ok’. I smiled, I was so glad to have a friend like her. 

*

My eyes fluttered open and I looked at the alarm clock beside my bedside. It read, ‘7:01’, I yawned and sat up. I checked my iphone, no texts. Oh great, another thing I was going to miss... the texts Matt would send me for when I wake up. A tear slipped down my cheek and I wiped it away, I got up and looked through my wardrobe. I put on my black skinny jeans and a purple jumper, not really in the mood to look good. I switched on the television and sat down, nibbling on some plain toast.

“Justin Bieber arrived in Atlanta late last night, rumours say he’s staying for a while, more coming up next” 

I frowned; today is going to be full of screaming girls. Oh the joy, Mr heart-throb is back. 
I decided to turn the television off and go do my hair and makeup. My long blonde hair fell halfway down my back; it was naturally straight which was good. I applied a small bit of eyeliner and mascara to my eyes and finally some strawberry lip gloss that Matt had bought me. 
“Here goes,” I whispered to myself. 
Today I had to deal with all the kids at school screaming about Justin Bieber being back and then them all circling me and Mia asking us about the car accident. 

“Am I driving you?” Mum yelled out. 
“No, I’d like to walk thanks” 
“Oh, Okay” She yelled back.
Why was she even asking me if I needed a lift? I had my licence and a car? I grabbed my bag and walked out the front door, barely ready for the day ahead. 

*

I looked at the time on my phone. I’m late to class, so now not only do I have to face school, I’m going to make an entrance. I can already imagine all the eyes on me as I walk into the class, dead silent. I’m considering just turning around and going home. I picked up the pace, hoping not to be too late when I do get to school. I’d rather not miss too much of my history class. My phone chimed as I received a text from Mia. 
‘Where are you?’ 
You frowned, ‘Almost here’.

Just my luck, I get to school about 20 minutes late. I sign in at the office as ‘late’, before rushing to my class. I slowly open the door to my history class, and just as imagined, everyone put their heads up to look. So the whole class was staring at me, not a single sound. 
“Sorry I’m late, sir,” I handed the teacher my late pass before sliding into a spare desk in the back corner of the classroom. I rested my head on my desk, facing out the window, trying to ignore the eyes burning on the back of my head. I wish I could turn my hearing off for now, as they all whispered how my boyfriend is dead. 

WHAT THE HELL. 

“He is not dead,” you blurted out, a little loudly. 
The girls all sat up straight and looked over at me with confused looks. The teacher stared me down, as I had interrupted his teaching. 
“Is there something you would like to share with the class Ashlee?” The teacher asked, one eyebrow raised. 
Hell no. The last thing I want to do is share anything with the class. 
“No” I mumbled. 
“Hmm”, he turned his back to the class again, continuing to write on the board. 

I sighed, and wrote down a few things on my page. I couldn’t concentrate though, not when I didn’t want to be here. I decided to listen to someone else’s conversation. Maybe that will take my attention away from my thoughts. 
“Did you hear Justin Bieber is here? We should go look for him!” Jane spoke excitedly. 
I rolled my eyes, I was thinking something besides Justin Bieber, but oh well. I sat quietly and listened to Jane’s highly annoying voice chat about how much she loves him and how they are going to get married some day. Hah, doubt it. 
Mia looked over at me, and held up a piece of paper. 

-We should look too-

Oh, right, she was a ‘belieber’. I sighed and nodded, making her grin excitedly at your answer. Why not? It will get my mind off the accident and Matt...
So, you never thought you’d say this but, after school you were going Bieber hunting.