Chapter 22 - Stuck in the moment [Justin Bieber Love Story]

- Ashlee’s Pov -

“Keep the jacket; it really does look adorable on you.”
I leant over and kissed his cheek, “thank you.”

I heard crunching in the leaves behind us; I turned around to spot someone standing there behind the bush. I couldn’t see who it was behind the leaves but someone was watching. 

“Who are you!?” I yelled, pissed that someone had been watching us.

It was probably the paparazzi, I bet you. They better not ruin me and Justin. I couldn’t stand to have any more drama. My heart shattered as I watched the person reveal themselves. They slowly walked from behind the bush in front of me. They had tears showing clearly in their eyes, a few escaping. 

And then they ran.

As fast as they could with broken bones. 

I couldn’t even chase them; I just collapsed, drowning in my own tears.

- Justin’s Pov –

I watched as the guy hobbled away at a fast pace.

Who was he?
Why was he watching us? 
Why was he crying?

Ashlee had frozen in her place, not yelling anymore. I watched as she let herself fall to the ground and hear her quiet sobs. I rushed over to her and flung my arms around her, comforting her.

“Ashlee? Who was that? What’s wrong?”
She cried harder, leaning into my chest, “J-J-Justin.” 
I rubbed her back and let her cry; it was killing me inside that she was though. What had he said to her? He was going to regret it, I was going to hurt him wit-

“It was Matt,” She said, breaking me from my violent thoughts. 

Matt? Her boyfriend? Oh my god, he had just seen us holding hands and probably when she kissed my cheek. Shit, Shit, Shit. I pulled her into my lap, letting her continue crying for who knows how long. 

Now what?

- Ashlee’s Pov –

I had just done the most stupidest thing I had ever done. More stupid than hopping in that car at the party. I had done the thing I swore I would never do. I broke Matt’s heart.

This whole thing with Justin was just a stupid idea. Who was I kidding? I was happy with Matt, he was my everything. Then I fell for some famous singer, he couldn’t love me, he had a million girls after him. What did I have to offer for him? I wasn’t rich, or as pretty as all the models he could get. Or as Selena Gomez...his ex. I was nothing compared to that, he would be better off without me.

I shook my head, shaking away the rotten thoughts. I was just thinking too much about it, he liked me, right?

“Justin, what can I do?”
“I thought of a plan last night, but you’re going to have to choose between me and Matt first.”

Choosing between them both has been hard. But I knew I had to choose Justin, after all, he was the one that had caused me to break Matt’s heart. I need Justin in my life, more than I had ever needed Matt. Justin was different to anyone I had ever met. 

I looked up at Justin and he stared back with hopeful eyes. I could almost hear his thoughts, begging me to choose him. 

“You.” 
“What?”
“I choose you.”

He pulled me into a giant hug, almost squeezing me to death whispering the word, ‘thank you,’ over and over in my ear. 

“So what’s this plan?” I asked, escaping Justin’s strong hug.
“I was thinking...what if we set him up with someone else? To get his mind off you.”
“Who did you have in mind?”
“Selena Gomez.”
I covered my mouth with my hands gasping, “S-S-Selena Gomez?”
He laughed and nodded, “You’re a fan, I’m guessing?”
“I love ‘Wizards of Waverly place’, leave me alone,” I giggled, sticking my tongue out. 
He smirked, “So, I guess were getting our ex’s together.”
“I guess so.” 

- 2 days later –

I stood at the front of Matt’s house, my hand lifted ready to knock but I couldn’t go through with it. I couldn’t face Matt; I didn’t want to see the pain in his eyes when he looks at me. Looking at the girl who broke his heart by kissing another guy. Matt trusted me and I broke his trust. I felt horrible. 

Before I could let my knuckles hit his wooden door it swung open and Matt looked at me startled, the bag of trash dropping to the ground beside him. Pain flooded his face as he stared at me. His eyes beginning to water, he wiped them and changed his expression with an angry one.

“What are you doing here?!” He hissed. 
“I came to apologise. Can we please talk, Matt?”
He looked at me furiously before frowning and shrugging, “Ok.”
“Thank you, I won’t take too much of your time.”

I followed him inside and he told me that we could talk in his room. I nodded and followed him into his familiar bedroom, sitting on his double bed. I hadn’t caught up with him the other day, this was the first time I had seen or spoken to him since the incident. I sighed and he sat next to me, looking pretty upset. 

“What do you want?” He asked in a tone showing that he really didn’t want to talk to me.
“I’d like to apologise. Justin’s not my boyfriend but I have been off with him, kissing him.” 

He looked even more upset as I told him that, and I put my hand on his shoulder, giving him a sympathetic smile.
“I never meant to hurt you, Matt. It just happened. I tried to just be his friend, but he was different. We had this connection I had never felt with anyone before. I can’t let him go. So in order to do that, I have to let you go.”

A tear slipped down my cheek and he wiped it away with his thumb, surprising me. I sat completely still as he caressed my face and leant in, dangerously close to my lips. It had never felt so wrong to kiss someone; I was feeling bad for kissing my own boyfriend? Well, I wasn’t sure if he still was. I felt his lips brush against mine before they ever-so-gently pressed against mine. I didn’t feel sparks or get butterflies, this kiss was plain. The boy I once thought I was in love with wasn’t even close to being perfect for me. 
I pulled away, and looked into his eyes. Feeling upset for what I was about to do. 

“Matt, I’m breaking up with you.”
He sighed, “I know.”
“But I owe you something, okay?”
He looked puzzled, “What do you mean?”
“I have someone I’d like you to meet.”
“I don’t want to meet Justin.”
I shook my head, “No, it’s a girl.”

He opened his mouth and then closed it, not saying a word. He nodded instead, agreeing to meet her. I smiled at my ex before saying goodbye and escorting myself from his house. At least I was giving him another chance to find love with someone else.

- Justin’s Pov –

I looked down at the text Ashlee had just sent me saying that she had just broken up with Matt. A smile etched onto my face; soon I could ask her to be my girlfriend. She had also told me that he agreed to meet Selena so now all I had to do was ask if Selena would come to Atlanta for the weekend. I still talked to Selena after the breakup a few months ago. We remained friends; it’s just that we didn’t really work out as a couple. She was too old for me so we both decided to end it, no feelings hurt. 

I scanned through my contact list on my phone until I came across Selena. I clicked the call button and raised my phone to my ear, waiting for her to pick up. 

“Justin!” He answered in a cheerful tone.
I chuckled, “Hey Sel, I was wondering if you wanted to come to Atlanta tomorrow?”
“Why?”
“I want you to meet my girlfriend, and I want you to meet this guy...”
“Say no more,” she giggled, “See you tomorrow then Justin.”
“Thank you Selena! I can’t wait to see you!”

I ended the phone call and texted Ashlee about Selena’s arrival tomorrow.

Things were looking good.