Chapter 28 - Stuck in the moment [Justin Bieber Love Story]

- Ashlee’s Pov –

I watched him carefully as he looked up at me on one knee. What was he doing? He kept hold of my hands, rubbing his thumbs over them softly. My heart was racing, butterflies forming in my stomach. I wasn’t exactly assuming what he would say to me, I was just going crazy inside because of the way he was doing this. He was on his knee, his hands in mine, looking deeply into my eyes. 

“Ashlee, will you...” He started, pausing once again. 

I wanted him to say it; the long pause was killing me inside. 

“...go on tour with me?”

My mouth dropped, I was in complete and utter shock. 

Go on tour with him? 

Leave Mia and my family?

My life? 

Well Justin was my life...

This was too much; I had no clue what to do.

And that’s when I ran...

I ran from Justin, leaving him on his knee, the flashes of the paparazzi catching Justin’s reaction that I hadn’t caught.

- Justin’s Pov –

I held her hands in mine, trying to stay confident and say yes to my question. Her smile disappeared as I spoke, worry coming across her face. She took a step away and ran. 

She ran from me, running faster than ever. The paparazzi swarmed me, catching every moment of my rejection.

But was she rejecting me?

- Ashlee’s Pov –

I came to a stop outside Mia’s house, somewhere I hadn’t been in a while. I bent down, panting after the long run here. My face was now wet, my eyes red and puffy from what I had assumed.

I knocked on the door, Mia’s face appearing. 

“Ashlee! Happy bir- what’s wrong?” 

I collapsed into her arms, sending us back into the house. I sobbed into her shoulder and she hugged me back, rubbing my back soothingly. 

“Ashlee?” She asked, wanting to know why I was acting this way.

“I don’t know what to do, Mia,” I said quietly. 

She sat me beside her on the couch, looking me in the eyes. I could barely see her though, my vision was slightly blurry. 

“With...?”

“Justin just asked me to go on tour with him. I’m scared...we’ve been together a month and were moving so fast and-” I started but she stopped me.

“Do you believe you’re soul mates?”

“Yes.” I replied confidently.

“Than you should go with him. Why go through the slow relationship routine when you already know you’re both perfect for each other? You should have said yes...”

She was right, she always was. A small smile formed on my face and I rested my head on her shoulder. I was glad I came to her for advice though, she filled my head with the positivity I needed. 

“What if my parents don’t let me go?” 

“Knowing Justin, he would have already gotten their permission.” she chuckled.

“Yeah, probably.” I agreed.

“So...what are you still doing here?”

Before I knew it I was getting shoved out the door and back onto the street, a smirk on her face.

“Go set things straight before he thinks you rejected him!” she yelled. 

“Okay, I will!” 

I was now running back to the restaurant. This was all happening way too fast, but maybe that’s how it’s meant to be. Maybe this is how true love’s supposed to be.

- Justin’s Pov - 

I tried to shake away any tears that threatened to spill. I succeeded, but was mentally crying on the inside. I sat on the curb of the car park, the paparazzi now gone after much swearing and bribing. 

“What happened? Where’s Ashlee?” Jesse asked, suddenly sitting beside me.

Out of all the people, Jesse was the last person I’d think would come to comfort me. 

“She ran after I asked her, I don’t get it. I thought she loved me?”

“Maybe she was just shocked and confused, I’m sure she’ll come back and set things straight.”

“What if she rejected me?” I asked him.

“I’m sure she wouldn’t have, she never stops talking about you.”

That comment lightened up my mood a bit, but not enough to make the heavy feeling of rejection go away. 

“She’s been gone a long time now...when do you think she’ll come back?” I then asked, looking over at Matt.

As if on cue, Ashlee appeared on the other side of the car park. Her eyes were red and puffy but there was a smile on her face. I stood up and watched her walk over to me slowly, almost like it was in slow motion.

Her hands made their way to the sides of my face, pulling me to her lips. Her lips tasting like her favourite strawberry lip gloss, pure bliss. She pulled away, her eyes locked on mine, letting me get lost in them.

“Yes.” 

“Yes?”

“Yes, I’ll go on tour with you.”