Chapter 27 - Stuck in the moment [Justin Bieber Love Story]

- Ashlee's Pov -

I slipped into a purple dress that Selena had bought me last month when she was here. It was stunning and breathtakingly gorgeous. I couldn’t thank her enough for it. I couldn’t thank her enough for everything she had done for me, she’s the reason I’m happy right now, with Justin. 

Selena’s come back a few times and Matt’s gone to her a few times. Their relationship has been going strong ever since and they look really cute together. They’re actually doing really well with the long distance relationship. Better than I think I’ll manage that is. I don’t know what I’m going to do when Justin leaves for tour, I’ll be lifeless without him. 

There was a knock on my bedroom door and I walked over, pulling open the door to reveal my boyfriend with a big grin, dressed in an amazing tuxedo. 

“Justin, you look so handsome, wow.”

He kissed my cheek, “Not as beautiful as you look baby.”

My heart raced at his compliment, and a blush formed on my cheeks. 

“Everyone’s ready and waiting downstairs, see you in a minute.” 

I watched him leave and looked over myself in the mirror. My hair and makeup was done and all I had to do was grab my bag and join everyone downstairs. 

“Happy birthday,” I whispered to myself, smiling. 

- Justin’s Pov –

I watched Jesse sit on the couch texting. How rude can he possibly get? It was his sister’s birthday and he hadn’t even acknowledged it.

Lucy was hugging her doll in one arm and with her other; she reached up and held my hand. She was adorable and reminded me so much of my sister, Jazzy. I treated Lucy like she was my sister though because I never got to see mine. 

I had just spoken to Ashlee’s parent’s who had agreed to my plan after a long talk. Now all I needed was to talk it over with my girlfriend.

I looked around to see everyone look up to the top of the stairs, they were all in awe. I turned around to take a glimpse of Ashlee as she stood up the top, looking shy. Even Jesse stood up to look, so she must have looked pretty amazing. What was I saying? She did look amazing. 

“Do I look alright?” she asked, her expression changing with a questioning look.

Was she kidding? She looked amazing! 

“You look amazing.” Jesse spoke out, shocking us all.

Ashlee’s expression turned to shock before turning into a big smile, not quite believing what her brother had said.

She started walking down the stairs and walked over to her brother first, wrapping her arms around him in a hug. 

“Thankyou Jesse.”

“Yeah, yeah.” He replied, lightly punching her arm. 

She hugged her parents and Lucy than finally me, giving me the longest one. 

“Come on you two, the limo’s outside.”

“The limo?” Ashlee questioned eyes wide.

I nodded and linked my arm with hers, “For you, birthday girl.”

We all piled into the black limo and I took a seat next to Ashlee on the side, her hand in mine. Her eyes were wide as she looked around in awe. 

“Justin this is amazing!” She squealed excitedly. 

I chuckled, “Take it you’ve never been in one?”

She shook her head, “No, this is my first time. Is this my other present?”

“No way, it’s much better than this.”

Her eyes grew wider, “Better than a freaking limo?!”

I laughed, “Yes baby, better than a freaking limo.”

- Ashlee’s Pov –

Better than a limo? No, no, no, no. This was far too much already, I was way too lucky to have someone like him.

“Justin, all I need is you, I don’t need another present.”

“Well than in this case, you’re going to like it more.”

That was confusing? So the present had something to do with always being with him? 

I let the thought go as we stopped outside the restaurant, Justin leading me out of the limo behind my family. I thanked the driver on the way out and joined my family on the curb. 

“Oh my gosh.” I giggled, Justin giving my hand a squeeze.

“I know we always said we’d take you here and I thought your seventeenth was a good enough excuse.”

I was shocked, amazed even. I didn’t know what to say. Did I thank them or laugh or jump excitedly?

I looked over at the familiar restaurant that Justin had taken me for our first date. I didn’t tell them and ruin their mood by mentioning I had been here without them though. I wanted to make them feel happy, appreciate what they’ve done for me.

“Thank you so much!” I hugged them, really happy to have them with me to celebrate my birthday. 

I linked my arm with Justin’s once again and walked inside, taking a seat at a long table, surrounded by many people in fancy clothes drinking wine. I sat in a chair between Justin and my mum and continued to smile.

Best birthday ever.

*

“I’m stuffed.” Jesse said, holding his stomach. 

“Agreed.” I added in, Justin echoing my response too. 

“Before the cake could I give Ashlee her other part of her birthday present?”

My dad nodded and I was a little confused as to why he gave a wink. Did my dad know what it was? Without having time to question, Justin pulled me way from the table, leading me outside of the restaurant. 

“Why are we coming out here?” I asked, rubbing my arms as a cool breeze hit. 

He smiled and put his jumper over my arms to keep me warm. He took my hands in his and looked me in the eyes, letting me get lost in them as always. 

“So what is it?” I asked, breaking our heavy eye contact with each other. 

“Well I need to ask you a question before you really get it...”

“What do you mean?” I asked confused.

He gave a smile, hopeful smile. He looked nervous, I don’t know why. What did he need to ask me that made his mood change, making him seem all quiet and fidgety? 

I watched him kneel down in front of me, still holding both my hands. A few people around started to stare, camera’s flashing.

Was he going to...?

“Ashlee, will you...”

--

Cliff hanger ;)

please vote? x