intro

copyright © 2016
all rights reserved to natemaloley on wattpad
none of this story may be rewritten, reproduced, or reformed in any way unless granted permission.

my eyes flutter open from my unconsciousness and i look around the room. a sudden yawn escapes my lips. i was literally just sleeping; i can't possibly be tired again. how long have i been out anyway?

i glance around the dark room. now, i would say that i'm afraid of the dark and being alone in a cold, unfamiliar room, but i'm not that much of a girl. i've dealt with something like this before.

my life. it's dangerous. i'm always the target from different people and it's only because my father is one of the biggest drug dealers in america. did i choose this lifestyle? no. do i like it? yes. who wouldn't?

money, cars, shoes, clothes, jewelry, and handbags. it's every girls dream. except, i don't need to be tied down to a man. i'm completely independent except for the fact that i live and strive off of my father's bank account.

i also get to meet a lot of attractive guys who do business with my father which is a definite pro. so, i'm not completely a virgin. i'm pulled out of my thoughts when someone yanks on my arm, jerking me.

i stare up at the person who dared to touch me in such a harsh and rude way. i'm incredulous right now and almost livid.

his low voice speaks, "listen-"

"what the hell do you want from me?" i snap at the young man. "you left me alone for two hours. what do you need now?"

"your drugs are starting to wear off and you're beginning to get very loud and annoying." he informs me.

i wriggle my wrists in the tied rope and glare at him. he clenches his jaw, obviously not amused or pleased with my menacing behavior. sorry if i'm not the nicest to those who kidnap me!

i'm not afraid either because i know my dad has a swarm of men coming out to look for me right now. this isn't the first time i've been kidnapped. it's a terrible thing to say- that it's a norm, but it's only the truth.

i've been surrounded by criminals and badly influenced people like this my entire life. though, i've never seen this particular person before in my life. i'm sure if he told me his name, i'd recognize that.

the man that stands before me appears to be a younger person. his sharp jawline and hard, obsidian eyes stare back into my soft brown ones. he's tall, but he isn't basketball player tall.

his entire outfit consists of black and i wonder why. it's not like drug dealers wear rainbow colors on an everyday basis. he continues to scrutinize me, so i decide to open my smart mouth once again, breaking the silence.

"hello?" i snap. "what could you possibly want from me?"

"i don't want anything from you. just your father. he owes me a lot of money and won't pay up." he answers. "i've given him a deadline. twice. he hasn't come through with neither of them."

"okay? i'm sure if you asked or reminded-"

"i tried." he cuts off my sentence. "kidnapping you and holding you hostage is the only way he'll come forward with the money."

i grimace, "you're sick. deal with him yourself. don't get me involved." i mumble.

i can keep this attitude going until he's laid a firm finger on me. as of now, i'm bruise free. just was drugged and tied up, while i was shopping at neiman marcus! out of all places, i had to be taken there.

i was just enjoying myself, finding some lingerie, perhaps to seduce my dad's next client. i mean, come on. hot, rich guys who are bad. who wouldn't want sex up someone like that?

"who are you?" i question, tilting my head and creating small talk with the mysterious man.

he could be the next candidate. i can definitely see myself in bed with him. that is if he agrees to let me go right after.

his lips lift into a sinister smile, "now why would i tell you that? once you're free, you'll go running to the feds, spluttering my name out of that unfiltered mouth of yours."

"not like it'd matter, right? i mean, my dad already knows who you are." i narrow my eyes at him.

his eyebrows raise at my sudden attitude and he looks a little taken aback, but he unfortunately resolves his composure and stands up straighter to seem more intimating.

he wishes that i was scared of him, but i'm not. i couldn't care less about what happens here because once my dad finds him, he'll murder the kidnapper in the style of my wish.

"that mouth of yours is too dirty for that pretty face." he tells me and then adds. "it's gilinsky, jack gilinsky."

{vote, comment, share}