six

i wake up tucked under jack's chin with his arms incasing and enveloping me in. i slowly wiggle out of his hold to get up from the bed. stupid handcuffed hands. i relax in his arms for one more moment to think.

last night was, by far, one of the best sleeps i've ever had in a while. i'm not sure why, but it was a great sleep. with that, i shift out of his grip, but it abruptly tightens.

"what are you doing, yaris?" jack's low and raspy voice murmurs.

i press my lips together for a second. way to be slick. he nuzzles the back of my neck, humming which sends vibrations down my spine. he tongue pokes out and licks behind my ear.

"jack..."

"five more minutes." he mumbles into my ear.

"i'm going to go shower." i tell him.

and on instant, he lets go of me and i suddenly miss the warmth that his body portrays. he wasn't reluctant at all to release me. i roll off the bed and stand on my feet, heading into the bathroom. jack follows behind me like normal.

"you haven't complained yet. this is a new record." he informs me. "you'd usually let a comment out of that smart mouth."

i roll my eyes, "i'm not that moody right now." i clarify.

that's terrible that i think him following me into the bathroom is normal. i've known him for like what, not even a full week? or has it been a week? i might've lost count on the days already.

jack grabs a towel, draping it over my shoulders. he disappears back into the room, leaving me as confused as ever. but he returns quickly, holding up a tiny key. my heart starts to rapidly beat.

"yay-"

"hold up." he holds a slender finger up at me.

oh no. there's a catch. i should have known that he wouldn't just let me out of my handcuffs.

my eyebrows pull together and i'm taken aback, "what?"

he turns me to face him and the towel drops from my shoulders. he grabs my forearms gently, pulling my hands outward, closer to him.

"only for today." he emphasizes, unlocking one of the cuffs. "we have people coming over today. normal people and i don't want them to think anything suspicious is going on."

his voice is deep and controlling, only making my head nod at his every word. at least my hands and wrists are free. they were starting to hurt more and more rather than feel better. they get a full days rest from being in that harsh, cold metal.

"meet me downstairs in the kitchen when you're done showering. i'll leave your clothing on the bed and remember, don't-"

"attempt to run away. i know, jack." i assure him.

he runs a hand through his bed hair and nods his head. his eyes rake down my body once more before he exits the bathroom. i feel like a free woman. well, mostly free. besides the fact that i'm still stuck in this cabin.

i turn on the shower head and i step inside of the cubicle. the warm to hot water cascades down my body, relaxing my every tense and confused muscle. i finally get to wash the own hair thoroughly. jack's not very good at it.

neither is he good at brushing my hair out or tying it up. the only things he may be good at are dealing drugs, keeping himself alive and well fed, and pleasing a woman correctly. with just his tongue.

i'm quick to shower and dry myself off. i brush my teeth and my hair out before wrapping the white towel around me securely. i tiptoe back into the bedroom, checking if jack is still there.